PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2
Carrier: Sprint

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't open Inbox:

Can't open any email messages in my inbox, can see the preview in the email tab on TF3D, but can't open the messages, any suggestions would be helpful.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Can't open Inbox:

Do you have any hack or custom rom?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I had the same problem a while ago and it turned out to be a problem with a custom rom I flashed.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:32 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah, I'm trying out a beta test rom for Merdin, but this is the first time with any of his roms of having this issue............it also affects SMS, can't open or create new.....just wondering if there might be a fix before the official version of this rom is updated so I can keep testing.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mxt200 is a n00b

i just got my touch pro with sprint a few days ago, and im already having this problem. when i press all messages on the SMS screen or inbox on the email screen, none of them open. you see it click but it does not open anything. i dont have a custom rom on it either. any help? ive had to soft reset this phone 4 times in the past two hours because it wasnt working.

also, i charged it all night, and when i woke up, all of the buttons were lit up, but the phone was frozen. i pressed the power buttom to activate the screen, and it didnt work so i had to soft reset it. any help with this problem either?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I would do a hard-reset (Start, Settings, System, Clear Storage...........then 1 2 3 4)

if this doesn't resolve your issue, take that thing back to Sprint and get a new one............BTW, what's the build date? (dialpad, ##786#)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Lurker

mxt200 is a n00b

Thanks, ill back up all my information now and do a hard reset if it happens again. The build date is 1/14/09
Old 03-12-2009, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

build date sounds rather new, mine is 2/12/09...........but even a new one can become a lemon.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Lurker

mxt200 is a n00b

Did a hard reset and put all of my information back on. Problem hasnt occured yet but will let you know if it does. Im going back to college in a couple days in a different state where the nearest sprint store is 45 minutes away, so i hope it doesnt occur again or i will just have to live with soft resetting it for a few months
Old 05-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Lurker

tommy_riley is a n00b

I have a similar problem. I can open my inbox fine until I plug the usb cable into to charge the phone via computer - once the active sync program starts on the phone, I can no longer open the inbox (if I click on inbox softkey in TF3D I can see the mail message visibly depressing as it understood my action to open the email/inbox but nothing happens) I have to kill the email process or soft-reset the phone in order to be able to get back into my inbox. Very annoying.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro