PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   application request... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60563)

falzon03 03-10-2009 02:56 AM

application request...

not sure if this is the right place to post...if not sorry mods....i wanted to know if anyone knew of or knew a way to make a program that would basically turn your touch screen into a scale....like you put stuff on it and it weighs it by the pressure that is being applied....is there any possibility for this?

chowder25 03-10-2009 03:05 AM

Re: application request...

what are you trying to weigh?:headbang:

earwood1 03-10-2009 03:11 AM

That would be an interesting app to see. If it were at all possible. From what I understand laptop touchpads are pressure sensitive to a point but not sure about the screens of the 6850

MoonZ*BabysH 03-10-2009 04:35 AM

this has come up before, but it went dead because what you would be able to weigh would probly be in small amounts and probly illegal and also too much n you risk cracking your screen, it would also be hard because youde have to have a "center of gravity" but again if its to much you crack the screen to little and it wont register

coolwhip1220 03-10-2009 05:38 AM

Oh you silly little pot head. Or chef, he could be a chef guys. lol.

I would dl this app just to show off.

The Coach 03-10-2009 01:38 PM

It could be used as a postage meter for very, very small letters. Whatever you weigh would have to be very small since anything that you put on there would cover up the screen where it would be displaying the weight. :scratch:

kayfouroh 03-10-2009 02:52 PM

Does the screen even register anything past a touch?

falzon03 03-10-2009 06:41 PM

well you just have it set to show the maximum weight that was on there...like it slowly goes up to whatever weight and then when you take it all off that the number that is displayed....and this would be a cool app just to mess with...plus sometimes you end up in dire need of a scale when you dont have one....

if anyone could tell me or point me somewhere that would tell me how to i would try to make a program that could do this...

and as far as i know the pro's screen is pressure sensitive

falzon03 03-10-2009 06:44 PM

hey hey hey...just bc i need to weigh stuff doesnt mean im a pothead :silent:....but yeah im pretty sure we could just say this is bc im a chef and need to weigh out stuff when i cook hahaha :twisted:

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 (Post 762618)
Oh you silly little pot head. Or chef, he could be a chef guys. lol.

I would dl this app just to show off.

Skelator03 03-10-2009 06:49 PM

i would also like to weigh stuff ;-)