PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 11:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4G W/ Fresh 3.4.0.1
Carrier: Sprint (The Now Network :) )

htcdiamond36 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Rom post

IDK if i am mistaking but arent all rom update/new roms supposed to have screen shots.. I know coming from the diamond to the pro isnt much different but some of the roms for the touch pros dont have screenshots.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff
Re: New Rom post

some do, but some don't. If you see something that peaks your interest, read through the thread and see what others think, thats what I do
Old 03-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

I don't think that it's required, but you're right, it would be nice. It's like marketing; if you want people to try your product, give them as much information as possible. I well-marketed ROM (one where screenshots are provided) will probably have more downloads than one without. It's all up to the person who cooked the ROM. I think it's nice enough of them to share, but by no means do they absolutely need to post screen shots. It's more like saying, "Hey all, I made this, just thought I'd post it here for you all to enjoy. If you don't want to try it, it's all good."

Old 03-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I typically see that the more well known cooks post screenshots and the newer cooks don't. I think it is usually a lack of experience with cooking and posting roms on this board. I will honestly say that I have never flashed a rom that didn't have at least one screenshot. And I have flashed literally hundreds of times on multiple devices...
Old 03-10-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kayfouroh is keeping up the good workkayfouroh is keeping up the good work

Wow, what a tattle tale.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Wow, what a tattle tale.
?????
Old 03-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Yeah, when people create roms its up to them if they want to post a pic or a screenshot, I recommend just asking the op and he will probably put them up for you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro