PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WTF Hard Reset??!?

I just got a new Sprint Touch Pro today (my old one decided to die this morning (graphics processor burned out)). So, the store gave me a brand new one. I checked the build date (dial pad, ##786#) on the ROM, and it was dated Feb. 12th 2009 (or some variation very close to that date). Anyway - I CANNOT hard reset this damned thing! I have tried about 15 different times, holding down Volume Down key + Center (Enter) key, and then holding the Power button. I've tried various time frames while holding in the power button as well. Low and behold, EVERY time the phone just decides to go ahead and boot - and then getting stuck at the WM6.1 load screen. Has something changed in the last 2 months with HTC or Sprint software not allowing this hard reset function??

Last edited by MojoRisen; 03-09-2009 at 10:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: WTF Hard Reset??!?

You could try "clear storage" that can be found in settings/system. That'll hard reset your phone.
dschoenike

Old 03-09-2009, 10:50 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Be careful you're not pressing one of the directional buttons as you try to hard reset it.

I've got a Feb 22 TP and with the plastic that the phone comes in, I couldn't hard reset it.

Edit: Tips for reach... I'm right handed so just reverse it all if you're left handed.

Put the phone in your left hand, with the top of the phone between your pointer and middle fingers... so your thumb (and the pad) is holding it on the left, and your other two fingers are holding it on the right.

Thumb on vol down
Pointer on power
Pinkie on enter

I have to lift the non-stylus side out of my palm a little bit to make it easy to reach, once you get all of the buttons, you can press the reset button using the stylus with your right hand.

I've still got 2 TP's here, but one is hard reset and ready to be returned... so I would need to set it up to snap a picture. I can if you really need.

Edit 2: Also, you don't have to hold the reset button... primarily, just be sure none of the other keys are being pressed.

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 03-09-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Try doing the hard reset with the phone turned completely off, this is the only way I could hard reset mine
Old 03-09-2009, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
Try doing the hard reset with the phone turned completely off, this is the only way I could hard reset mine
That is how I also do a hardreset

Hold the Pwr Button till the Popup comes up and turn the phone off.

With the phone off, hold the vol-/center d-pad and pwr button till the popup comes up then follow instuctions
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 03-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yea, the way I did it was I used one of the combination of keys, I don't remember which one, but only after I removed the battery and put it back in. That'll definitely work.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
You could try "clear storage" that can be found in settings/system. That'll hard reset your phone.
dschoenike
Can't use "Clear Storage" if it's stuck at the boot screen.

I was trying it while the phone was turned off. I did finally manage to forcefully coax it into a hard reset, luckily right before I was about to test it's durability. Thank you all for the replies though.

Mojo

Last edited by MojoRisen; 03-10-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: IPAQ, Treo 700WX, Treo 800W Mogul PPC 6800, Now HTC Touch Pro

ashimp1 is a n00b

LOL if you going to test it's durability make to film it and post it on youtube.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRisen View Post
Can't use "Clear Storage" if it's stuck at the boot screen.

I was trying it while the phone was turned off. I did finally manage to forcefully coax it into a hard reset, luckily right before I was about to test it's durability. Thank you all for the replies though.

Mojo
My apologies. I think by the time i posted, i forgot you said you were stuck on the boot screen. Sorry for the useless post.
dschoenike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro