PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   WTF Hard Reset??!? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60543)

MojoRisen 03-09-2009 10:27 PM

WTF Hard Reset??!?

I just got a new Sprint Touch Pro today (my old one decided to die this morning (graphics processor burned out)). So, the store gave me a brand new one. I checked the build date (dial pad, ##786#) on the ROM, and it was dated Feb. 12th 2009 (or some variation very close to that date). Anyway - I CANNOT hard reset this damned thing! I have tried about 15 different times, holding down Volume Down key + Center (Enter) key, and then holding the Power button. I've tried various time frames while holding in the power button as well. Low and behold, EVERY time the phone just decides to go ahead and boot - and then getting stuck at the WM6.1 load screen. Has something changed in the last 2 months with HTC or Sprint software not allowing this hard reset function??
:cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:

dschoenike 03-09-2009 10:49 PM

Re: WTF Hard Reset??!?

You could try "clear storage" that can be found in settings/system. That'll hard reset your phone.
dschoenike

ShadowDrake 03-09-2009 10:50 PM

Be careful you're not pressing one of the directional buttons as you try to hard reset it.

I've got a Feb 22 TP and with the plastic that the phone comes in, I couldn't hard reset it.

Edit: Tips for reach... I'm right handed so just reverse it all if you're left handed.

Put the phone in your left hand, with the top of the phone between your pointer and middle fingers... so your thumb (and the pad) is holding it on the left, and your other two fingers are holding it on the right.

Thumb on vol down
Pointer on power
Pinkie on enter

I have to lift the non-stylus side out of my palm a little bit to make it easy to reach, once you get all of the buttons, you can press the reset button using the stylus with your right hand.

I've still got 2 TP's here, but one is hard reset and ready to be returned... so I would need to set it up to snap a picture. I can if you really need.

Edit 2: Also, you don't have to hold the reset button... primarily, just be sure none of the other keys are being pressed.

heartisall 03-09-2009 10:52 PM

Try doing the hard reset with the phone turned completely off, this is the only way I could hard reset mine

Unknown Zone 03-09-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartisall (Post 762254)
Try doing the hard reset with the phone turned completely off, this is the only way I could hard reset mine

That is how I also do a hardreset 8)

Hold the Pwr Button till the Popup comes up and turn the phone off.

With the phone off, hold the vol-/center d-pad and pwr button till the popup comes up then follow instuctions

Darkjedi 03-09-2009 11:52 PM

Yea, the way I did it was I used one of the combination of keys, I don't remember which one, but only after I removed the battery and put it back in. That'll definitely work.

MojoRisen 03-10-2009 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dschoenike (Post 762249)
You could try "clear storage" that can be found in settings/system. That'll hard reset your phone.
dschoenike

Can't use "Clear Storage" if it's stuck at the boot screen. :)

I was trying it while the phone was turned off. I did finally manage to forcefully coax it into a hard reset, luckily right before I was about to test it's durability. :mrgreen: Thank you all for the replies though.

Mojo

ashimp1 03-10-2009 05:55 PM

LOL if you going to test it's durability make to film it and post it on youtube.

dschoenike 03-10-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoRisen (Post 762671)
Can't use "Clear Storage" if it's stuck at the boot screen. :)

I was trying it while the phone was turned off. I did finally manage to forcefully coax it into a hard reset, luckily right before I was about to test it's durability. :mrgreen: Thank you all for the replies though.

Mojo

My apologies. I think by the time i posted, i forgot you said you were stuck on the boot screen. Sorry for the useless post.
dschoenike