PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do I set data connection timeout?

Anyone know? I searched, as always, couldn't find it... NFSFANs ROM does this and I think it helps battery significantly. I'd like to set it on the current ROM i'm using.. Thanks,

-Dave
Old 08-23-2009, 11:49 AM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work
Re: How do I set data connection timeout?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...809#post954809
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Awesome, I looked in there just forgot to check other settings.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

just remember that this setting could cause your phone from not answering...you will be pressing buttons...screen...and the phone will just keep on ringing..I say this cause it happened to me and it was due to the data timeout.

this is from the "TouchPro Essentials":

"Issues with answering your phone when a data connection is open (answer buttons don't do anything)? Looks like a tweak messes up a registry key that affects this. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings], make sure SuspendResume is set to #777 (not anything containing GPRS). This issue seems to be related to Advanced Config"
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 08-23-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

check the link in my signature. shows how to set this correctly and so you can answer your phone also
Old 08-23-2009, 05:15 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
just remember that this setting could cause your phone from not answering...you will be pressing buttons...screen...and the phone will just keep on ringing..I say this cause it happened to me and it was due to the data timeout.

this is from the "TouchPro Essentials":

"Issues with answering your phone when a data connection is open (answer buttons don't do anything)? Looks like a tweak messes up a registry key that affects this. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings], make sure SuspendResume is set to #777 (not anything containing GPRS). This issue seems to be related to Advanced Config"
I don't think that has to do with advanced config. It can happen even if you don't have advanced config/diamon tweak on your phone

Shaggy's SuspendResume cab fixes this little bug, doesn't it?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 1
Carrier: Cricket

915_tuscani is becoming a great contributor

disconnect network when idle for 1 min timeout

Code:
HKLM\Comm\CommMgr\Planner\Settings\
Set "SuspendResume" to 58 00 00 00 33 00 99 00 88 00 39 00 58 00 39 00 29
Default is #777 and should not contain anything about GRPS
Set "CacheTime" to 60
setting SuspendResume" to "58 00 00 00 33 00 99 00 88 00 39 00 58 00 39 00 29"
makes it so you can make calls while you have a data connection.
YOU CANNOT have both on at same time
before you COULD NOT answer any calls
while you had data present.
now it disconnects the data and
makes it so you can answer calls

Thanks to Razorloves

i really want to do this but i dont have beyond HKLM/Comm this is what i dont have "CommMgr/Planner/Settings/" so what can i do
Old 08-23-2009, 06:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
I don't think that has to do with advanced config. It can happen even if you don't have advanced config/diamon tweak on your phone

Shaggy's SuspendResume cab fixes this little bug, doesn't it?

Well for me AC did mess with my setting on the data connect, you have that option in the setting of AC to disable data connection after so many min. and if you use it....you will have this issue.

Never had the issue...till I used the option so I deleted AC all together...and installed the tweaks the manual way.

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 08-23-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:27 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
Well for me AC did mess with my setting on the data connect, you have that option in the setting of AC to disable data connection after so many min. and if you use it....you will have this issue.

Never had the issue...till I used the option so I deleted AC all together...and installed the tweaks the manual way.
yeah this doesn't just happen with AC though. This was an issue for along time. I forgot all the technical stuff that went with it but the Shaggy cab solves the problem perfectly. It's just a problem with data actually connecting when geting a phone call.

When u see someone that says their Slide 2 Answer is stuck, its a problem with their data disconnecting. the shaggy 777 cab fixes the problem. i install it whenever i flash a new ROM
Old 08-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 915_tuscani View Post
i really want to do this but i dont have beyond HKLM/Comm this is what i dont have "CommMgr/Planner/Settings/" so what can i do
what program are you using to access the registry?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro