PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2
Carrier: Sprint

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Big 'X' Button cab/app

I just tried the DLL. It does give you the big X (or OK), but you have to turn off the Quick Menu in the Task Manager (Settings / System). It seems to take the same space, so it's just more visible, but doesn't seem to be any easier to hit (at least with my big thumbs)

It does change the WM Logo in the upper right to the white 6.5 icon as well and the wait icon to Vista's circle (with a black background)

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

if you want your start icon back, goto the custom taskbar thread and look on first page to pick what you want. the dll you need for start icon is shellres 192dll i think. ill look to make sure. edit, thats it. also first page tells you how to make your own. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54514

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 03-09-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:59 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

ROFL I totally posted in the wrong thread

Last edited by chronster; 03-09-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just assigned double click Enter to close active application.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ajskhan is becoming a great contributor

How do I do that?
Old 03-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Use AEbutton plus
Attached Files
File Type: cab AEBPlus.CAB (369.2 KB, 49 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

genesis165 is a n00b

I installed AEButton and this looks like it will do the trick! I assigned double press to the "hang up" button to close applications.
I would still like to see an enlarged close button if anyone comes across one. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
Use AEbutton plus
Old 03-10-2009, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: MTS

PROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuffPROBEX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
Didn't appear to do anything for me. Does the unzipped file need to be renamed from shellres.192.dll.0409.mui to something else?
Only certain roms have it named that [shellres.192.dll.0409.mui] in most its called shellres.192.dll rename it to that and try again in your windows folder.

You should also go into your windows folder first with totalcommander or something and find the original shellres.192.dll and rename it to shellres.192.dll.old first just in case you want to restore it later.

http://probex.ca
Putting the X in seXy mobile devices
Old 03-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

It is rather easy to make the "x" button bigger, however the problem is mapping out the pixel area in which you have to touch for it to exit programs. Replacing the the .dll will only make the image itself bigger it will not make it any easier to close programs. I personally have no problems touching the "x" button but I could see how some of the larger fingered people could have a problem
Old 03-11-2009, 06:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

honestly, functionality wise the large x button is great, but fcuk the design is bad, so pixelated and nasty looking. Wish the design was better though

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro