PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro.
Carrier: Sprint

Rento_VW is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2 replacements, one more and account will be flagged?

I've had 2 replacements, first was about 2 weeks after first one, the second was the next day after... I recall them telling me that if I were to go in and get another replacement, my account will be flagged.

Now.. I think she said that lasts until around June (did it back in early Jan) if not May...

Well, within the last week or so, my hardware keyboard stopped functioning. The phone is just so freakin' slow it's annoying, not to mention the internet is slow as ****. I mean, are these things not 3G capable or what?

Seems ATT has faster internet speeds than Sprint, kinda annoying... Makes me want to just get an iPhone or something this is sooo annoying. But I don't have the money to buy an iPhone let alone a ETF fee.

P.S. Is it alright to walk in there with my TP as it is? Has a bodyguardz on it, some registry tweaks, S2A and black theme for the phone... Just a few things that make it ever so slightly different from a stock TP.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: 2 replacements, one more and account will be flagged?

have you tried tweaking your pro?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If your phone malfunctions it shouldn't count against your claim count. I remember vaguely that you are only allowed to file twice in a single year. If you have the full TEP plan you can probably walk into a Sprint store where they'll help repair it. If its irreparable then they'll probably replace it, but not through insurance. You're only supposed to use insurance for damages not covered under extended warranty or if you lost or had your phone stolen.

AT&T has horrific 3G speeds. I used to get 2.5mbps on my Mogul using Sprint. From what I hear, AT&T maxes out at around 800kbps. A far cry from the "nations fastest 3G network." On the TP I've only maxed out at 1.5mbps in the city, still twice as fast. Check your 3G coverage using Sprints coverage tool.

AT&Ts supposed 'super-fast' HSPA network isn't even fully rolled out yet so you won't experience those wonderful speeds they keep on advertising for a while.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 03-09-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

dark i think he really just wants an iphone.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

If you go into a service & repair center, if it malfunctions, it is covered under the service & repair portion of TEP as long as there is no physical or liquid damage. It would be considered a 30 day bounce Advanced Exchange. There is no limit to these. When the service tech goes into e-ticket, it may come up with a notification that there have been 4 or more e-tickets created for you in less than 90 days. this may be what they are referring to.

And the registry tweaks as well as S2A and the black theme should be okay, at least they would be in my service center.

Just tell them that they need to do a 30-day bounce on the phone. Hope this helps!

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:04 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

I agree with dark on this one, if your phone seems "slow" then tweak it yourself or try flashing another rom. don't give up on it that easily, especially for an iphone??!?!?!?!? what!?!??! do some reading and research a rom you like and go that route, take the plunge as my good friend matt would say, you will never look back!
Old 03-09-2009, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I hate doing backups, I don't know if i'm doing it right or whatever, i'm about to install spb backup 2.0.1 right now. Also confused on unlocking and scared to void my warranty... I heard you can hard reset and re-lock.. but i'm scared to do just a hard reset...

I live in SoCal and my internet and GPS speeds and loading speeds were getting whooped so badly by a friend's 3G iPhone, his stuff was instant. I hate iPhones, they are ugly and no insurance, the apps are just stupid, and I hate Mac...

I just want a fast phone... All I have done to it is install a few programs and messed with a few cabs... I'm always roaming...

I checked the coverage for my area (92545) and it's all orange for the most part, so it should be fine... not the case... i can sit there forever trying to load pages on the itnernet...

I was on a 30 min lunch break in my past job and from the point where I went to start opera and log into myspace and navigate through to my comments field... it took literally 26 mins to do... I've tried using mem maid to clear some stuff, i've tried enlarging the cache in Opera to 100MB... Nothing helps...

Also, my phone doesn't cahrge when connected via USB in the PC....

As for the hardware keyboard, it stopped working one week and than worked on and off for two days, and than just died completely.. the lights still work, but no keys work.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:25 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

ya you need that replaced from what your telling me, if the keyboard doesn't work at all anymore then you need a new phone, which falls back to whether or not you have filed insurance claims through asurion or not? if so, then you can file up to 3 per year, but you should only have done this if your phone was flagged for liquid damage, or you shattered your screen/ physically damaged, or lost/stolen. so unless you've filed 3 insurance claims already, you should be able to be replaced.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Nope, no insurance files claimed, the replacements were done through Best Buy, within the 30 day period.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Account Disabled

do you have tep? if so, try sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro