PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Replacement phone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60502)

mommasboy 03-09-2009 03:10 PM

Replacement phone

hello all, Does sprint not give replacement phones in the store anymore. I live in New York and every sprint store I go to(about 5), they tell me that they have to order it and that I will receive it in about a week. My phone no longer vibrates and it freezes alot. Ironically enough the freezing part started when I loaded the stock rom on so I could take it back to sprint. They told me as long as I can make a call and receive one (even though the screen freezes at times and so I miss the call) they cant give me one on the spot. They have to order it from their warehouse. Has anybody else gone thru this? I would love to know if this is their new policy or is this just a geographic thing, cause I know some stores operate different from state to state.

MoonZ*BabysH 03-09-2009 03:33 PM

Re: Replacement phone

ive had sprint order me one when i had the touch and they didnt have any in the store so they ordered me another one and i just had to pick it up from them a few days later.

Dr.8820 03-09-2009 03:46 PM

yeah, it's pretty much standard now that they order the phone and you wait 2-3 days for it.

mommasboy 03-09-2009 03:49 PM

Thanks I figured that. Were both of your phones refurbished?

Dr.8820 03-09-2009 03:52 PM

1 was. but it came from tech support. the ones that the store orders are usually new.

MoonZ*BabysH 03-09-2009 03:56 PM

the one they ordered me wasnt in the box but it was new, never had been activated. you can always check to see if its a refurb by dialing a code. i dont know it off the top of my head but i can find it for you.

mommasboy 03-09-2009 03:58 PM

The store told me that I would be getting a refurbished one. My phone is in mint condition physically and I'm scared that i'm going to get a chipped up and scratched phone.

Dr.8820 03-09-2009 04:04 PM

the one i got was in great shape. i think they even put new chrome on it because it was very new looking. moon, i think that code is ##778# for sprint.

Major_Nate 03-09-2009 04:10 PM

Service & repair centers will replace it out of stock (at least around central florida) if they have one available, which is at the store owner's discretion. Sprint does not provide any seedstock or loaner phones, but they must be obtained or purchased by the owner of the Service & Repair Center. It normally takes anywhere between 1 or 2 or possibly up to 5 business days for the replacement phones to come in.

That code you are referring to is the ##786# for sprint.

Darkjedi 03-09-2009 04:15 PM

Yup, when my Mogul died on me they replaced it on the spot, but when that mogul started giving me problems with overheating and the USB slot, Sprint told me that since it was still able to place calls, they'd have to order a phone for me from the warehouse in Texas. Lucky for me though the one they ordered from the warehouse turned out to be a brand new one instead, unlike the refurbished one they provided me on the spot the previous time. Seems to be Sprint policy now.