PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Mustang46L is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mustang46L
Dead Pixel on Camera

Anyone ever heard of a camera having a bad pixel? When the screen is completely black there is no problem but when I use my camera in a dark area there are a few pixels on the screen that are green.

I do have JD's ROM installed, but I don't think that could be anything to do with it. Should I just swap the phone already?
Compaq H3650 --> Handspring 600 (Sprint) --> HTC 6600 (Sprint) --> Dell Axim X51v --> HTC Mogul (Sprint) --> HTC Touch (Sprint) --> HTC Diamond (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) --> Palm Pre (Sprint) --> HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Old 11-05-2008, 07:07 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Dead Pixel on Camera

a guy had something like this with the diamond no.....

Old 11-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thats pretty much normal with these types of cameras.. Is it a bright green ? Can you take a pic and post it as it is from the camera so I can take a look at it. In low light situations the camera's chip tries to compensate for the absence of light by adding it's own artificial light directly to the CMOS chip. Post a pic though, i'd be interested in seeing.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Mustang46L is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Mustang46L

Yes, it is bright green. It seems like the filters do a decent job of getting rid of it, but not perfect. It changes it from a green dot when I'm using the viewfinder to a blue dot during the picture. Obviously it shows up on black better than it does on lighter colors.

In the first pic, you can see it on the bottom of my monitor in the black bar. In the second picture in complete darkness you can see the dot in the same section of the photo. If you look hard you can also see up to 3 more dots in the second photo, the next worst is near the top and red.

http://www.mustang46l.com/dot.jpg
http://www.mustang46l.com/dot2.jpg

I don't mean to whine, but I do buy a lot of HTC products and have never seen this before. Plus I just dropped $579. I need near perfection.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

I am seeing the same thing on mine. Should I try and exchange my TP?
Old 11-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I doubt they will allow you to exchange your phone for that.

CMOS sensors are pretty prone to dead pixels. Its much like LCD monitors. Dell, HP, Acer, etc. all have exceptions in their warranty that don't allow exchanges if there is a reasonable amount of dead pixels [around 10 max, depending on the size and line of the monitor]
Old 11-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

OK, thanks. I don't take too many pictures, so probably not too much of an issue for me. Just now that I know it is there, when I do take a picture, that is the first thing I look for ha ha.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
OK, thanks. I don't take too many pictures, so probably not too much of an issue for me. Just now that I know it is there, when I do take a picture, that is the first thing I look for ha ha.
Heh I know what you mean... Once you know it's there, you can't look past it! It just bothers you like crazy
Old 09-17-2009, 10:20 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

the biggest thing to pay attention too is if they grow. if you start with 1 and then a few days later it's 5 or 10, get it replaced. mmmm, trouble with tribbles.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
the biggest thing to pay attention too is if they grow. if you start with 1 and then a few days later it's 5 or 10, get it replaced. mmmm, trouble with tribbles.
Quite an old thread you dug up...

But I would think the issues wouldn't normally grow. If it does, there's probably some sort of damage to the connections on the back of the screen!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro