PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: Camera Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Nate View Post
Ya, i know the feeling..lol.

It's all good, i'm right there with ya...everytime I try to paste it there, it says the file is already in use...I just wanted to say I really appreciate all the help everyone is putting into this, as well!
if you change your shutter sound to "off" and soft-reset, does it still say in use?
also, what if you changed the registry to something else, turned the sound off, and soft-reset-mebbe then it won't be in use? i can't check this myself right now, so just bouncin ideas around...

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Threadstarter

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff
Smile Re: Camera Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
if you change your shutter sound to "off" and soft-reset, does it still say in use?
also, what if you changed the registry to something else, turned the sound off, and soft-reset-mebbe then it won't be in use? i can't check this myself right now, so just bouncin ideas around...
I tried changing the shutter sound to "off", then soft resetting. It still displays "in use".

Okay, we have SUCCESS! WOOHOO! Great job! ***DOES HAPPY DANCE***

Okay, when I turned the shutter sound off, then changed the HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\Common registry setting "Sourceof SnapSound" to \Storage Card\Shuttersound.wav and had the Shuttersound.wav on my storage card, then soft reset,

THIS FREAKIN WORKED AMAZING IN THE LIBRARY...lol i know, not the best place to do it, but THANK YOU! Credit goes to No1ustad

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid

I'm noobish with these type of phones or all in general. But this is off topic and sorry. What's the best settings for camera? I just turned off the shutter sound because it's annoying. Changed the picture size to 3m and the quality to Super Fine, it was set to fine. Thanks in advance
Old 05-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSk8rKid View Post
I'm noobish with these type of phones or all in general. But this is off topic and sorry. What's the best settings for camera? I just turned off the shutter sound because it's annoying. Changed the picture size to 3m and the quality to Super Fine, it was set to fine. Thanks in advance
Personally, I like using the 3M (3 Megapixel) setting, along with the Super Fine quality. Unless you are planning to send a picturemail to another carrier, then I recommend changing the picturesize to either M or L, as a lot of the other carriers have image size limits on their picturemail. I also use the shutter sound, because sometimes I won't press the button hard enough, or in the right spot, so it doesn't always take the picture.

I remember trying to send a picture i took with the 3megapixel setting to my girl's nokia on at&t, and it took, no joke, a whole week. But then it didnt go through, it denied it and sent it back to me.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Talking Re: Camera Sound

Also, I will be posting up a CAB file soon that will have the camera shutter sound change in it, so it will be a quick install/uninstall.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Personally, I like using the 3M (3 Megapixel) setting, along with the Super Fine quality. Unless you are planning to send a picturemail to another carrier, then I recommend changing the picturesize to either M or L, as a lot of the other carriers have image size limits on their picturemail. I also use the shutter sound, because sometimes I won't press the button hard enough, or in the right spot, so it doesn't always take the picture.

I remember trying to send a picture i took with the 3megapixel setting to my girl's nokia on at&t, and it took, no joke, a whole week. But then it didnt go through, it denied it and sent it back to me.
I didn't know that. Yeah I do send pictures out, but I also use my phone to take pictures and upload them. I feel as carrying a camera around is to much, so I just use my cell phone. What's the Duration mean or whatever it's called, that's set to 10?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
I didn't know that. Yeah I do send pictures out, but I also use my phone to take pictures and upload them. I feel as carrying a camera around is to much, so I just use my cell phone. What's the Duration mean or whatever it's called, that's set to 10?
That would be the Review Duration. For example, if you take a picture, it will display the image that you just took for a certain amount of time. This can be changed to No review, 3 seconds, 10 seconds, or no limit.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
That would be the Review Duration. For example, if you take a picture, it will display the image that you just took for a certain amount of time. This can be changed to No review, 3 seconds, 10 seconds, or no limit.
Thanks, that helped. My mind isn't quit all there right now, trying to download to many things for when I flash a new rom.

That does make sense, I took a picture of my new Street Bike a few weeks ago. I sent it to multiple people and only a few of them got it. Is there a way to resize the picture, but yet still have the orignal too?
Old 05-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks, that helped. My mind isn't quit all there right now, trying to download to many things for when I flash a new rom.

That does make sense, I took a picture of my new Street Bike a few weeks ago. I sent it to multiple people and only a few of them got it. Is there a way to resize the picture, but yet still have the orignal too?
On your phone? Only if you have a photo editing software program, and i had one, but right now i'm at the college on the computer in the library...final exam in half an hour, whoa! I forgot to study...

There is a website that can change the size of the photo. All you have to do is upload the photo, then click on the file type you want to save it as, and what size you want it...I will have to post it when I get home.

It's all good, I know the feeling. What kinda street bike?
Old 05-06-2009, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
On your phone? Only if you have a photo editing software program, and i had one, but right now i'm at the college on the computer in the library...final exam in half an hour, whoa! I forgot to study...

There is a website that can change the size of the photo. All you have to do is upload the photo, then click on the file type you want to save it as, and what size you want it...I will have to post it when I get home.

It's all good, I know the feeling. What kinda street bike?
Oh I know how to do everything with a computer and hacking, but I meant on the cell phone. Like taking 3m size picture. Then resizing it so you can send it to a friend or something, but yet you still have the original for other reasons.
Go steddy bro and pass.
2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636CC Custom and custom two zone paint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro