PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

reigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuffreigndropz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is your Normal Battery Life on a Sprint TP

I have SSK's kitchen on my phone. A small amount of apps and my task manager normally shows about 31-34% of mem usage.

My idle discharge rate is normally between 156-184mA (using nue power/backlight settings). on a phone call my discharge jumps to over 500-617 mA! is that not excessive? A 15-20 minute phone call takes my battery life down about 15% maybe more. From what you guys know, is that normal battery life?
Old 03-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: What is your Normal Battery Life on a Sprint TP

That sounds about right,

Generally, I keep Wifi off, and do toggle Bluetooth ON and OFF in between uses... Bluetooth Toggler is great for that...

I usually get 480+ while on call... not all that bad.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jucytec View Post
toggle Bluetooth ON and OFF in between uses... Bluetooth Toggler is great for that...

I toggle BT on & off also, but I used AEButton Plus to map the red hangup key to turn BT on/off instantly with a double click on that button. I tried BT Toggle & actually found my way was faster

~John
Old 03-09-2009, 01:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

My idle discharge rate using KK's loaded is 57mA.

My house is an area of very low service, zero bars at my desk, so my numbers may be off, but a 15-20 min phone call dropping your phone like 15% I think seems about right. I know that seems high as the touch pro is supposed to give 4 hours of talk time, but that is complete horse sh-t and a bold face lie, especially on the stock rom.

Have you tried switching radios? The telus radio allows me at least 1 bar better service, which will help with battery life. The radio won't have to work as hard. If, you have your phone unlocked, there is a step by step for the Telus flash in my sig. Also, you should try some custom roms.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro