PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

davenukem is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation PRI PRL What are they? How do i find out mine? Update?

No idea what a PRL is or a PRI although i know they impact radio reception and gps apparently. So the purpose of my post is to find out what is a PRI AND A PRL, how do know which version I have, and if the need be how do I update this.

I have mighty v. 4.12 and Telus radio flashed (Still debating if this is better than sprint 1.11 any input here too?)

Also, i did search but only found threads telling me i could download updates.

Thanks for any help

Dave
Old 03-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.
Carrier: Sprint

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: PRI PRL What are they? How do i find out mine? Update?

PRL is a file that tells your phones what towers to find, and in what order. Unless you are on a horribly old PRL, you should be fine. They mainly exist to save carriers money on roaming, by telling your phone to look at the home towers first, then whatever roaming tower is cheaper. In some cases though, an old PRL can cause you not to get home service either. For example, if you have a PRL of 60608 or older, your device won't find EVDO service.

PRI is a little more complicated, and deals with your radio. Those updates aren't that common.

You can view both by hitting ##786# on your device, or browsing to windows/epst.exe and viewing the device info.

The latest PRL for Sprint is 60651. PRI is 1.57, but the only way to get 1.57 is have it already on your device. You can get 1.53 from here somewhere though. I believe the early TPs shipped with a PRI in the 1.47 range.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: PRI PRL What are they? How do i find out mine? Update?

I updated my radio to 1.53 yesterday and updated prl and it changed from 60650 to 60651. Do not know of any benifit from roaming agreements here I have never been able to roam on Verizon here will have to turn off Airave to see.

Last edited by dallas contractor; 03-08-2009 at 09:17 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro