PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Jetdr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro opens programs

When I am talking on the phone all these programs open up. When I go to hang the phone up I have to close two or three programs everytime. Am I doing something wrong. These are not programs I have had open it just randomly opens a couple programs while I am on the phone.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5
Re: Touch Pro opens programs

Umm...perhaps your face is pressing on the screen?

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 03-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Threadstarter

Jetdr is a n00b

If it is my face touching the screen wouldn't I have to be in the programs screen for it to open a program. I am on the phone talking. When I dial a number and the screen is in the phone mode how does my face touching the screen open say Sprint Nav or Solitare?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Well, I was thinking maybe you're hitting the start menu with something and it starts a program. That's definitely possible...

Does it ever happen if you're using BT? Or if you're on the speaker? If not, that might be it. If yes, then I don't know.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:16 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

My wife complains about this all the time on her touch. The phone screen wasn't blanking on talk and random programs would open because of her face pressing against the screen

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 03-08-2009, 12:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Maybe its a tweak that you installed on your phone?
Old 03-08-2009, 02:14 AM
Lurker

darkresiak is a n00b

I only really have this problem with ActiveSync. It never seems to go away . However, I am on alltel, but I doubt that makes a difference in this situation... I use PointUI instead of TF3D, so that might also play a minor role? I'm not sure though.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:00 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Simple solution/check hit the power button after the call connects to black the screen if there are programs opened after the call then its not you touching the screen but something else. Let us know what you find out.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro