PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   wmwifiroter help.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60260)

bubba6800 03-07-2009 10:18 AM

wmwifiroter help....

I just recently got a new touch pro and have used wmwifirouter before. It seems to get connected to my Alltel wireless but cant seem to get a wi-fi signal to anything that I have used to try to connect. I know that last time I had it set up it connected me pretty fast. It just says that I am connected to alltel network and it continually say searching under the wi-fi spot. Can anyone help me set this up? I am sorry for the noobish attitude but I guess I need to be walked through step by step. Thanks in advanced for any help I receive.... Please dont bash me for I am new to this and are seeking help instead of telling someone what I am doing but rather looking for someone to tell me what to do.

MojoRisen 03-07-2009 11:20 AM

Re: wmwifiroter help....

What version are you using? Are you using Ad-hoc and connecting to the proper AP name that you set up/established? I have never had a problem using the Cellular-to-WiFi settings, so long as you're connecting to the correct name/password(optional) you used during the WiFi set up process... :scratch:

bubba6800 03-07-2009 01:19 PM

I am using version 1.25... The issue I seem to be having is that I cant get my laptop to pick up the signal if its putting one out. I am using ad-hoc and I didnt set a name just wmwifirouter. I had it working before on my previous pro but cant get it on this new one I have gotten.

jmorton10 03-07-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba6800 (Post 758137)
It just says that I am connected to alltel network and it continually say searching under the wi-fi spot..

I had the exact same problem this morning after flashing my phone & restoring a BU. Bring up the opening splash screen but don't tell it to connect yet.

Then go to options/configuration/Wifi network. Then step thru all the setup steps again & see if it works when you get done.

~John

jmorton10 03-07-2009 01:35 PM

By the way, I have had a TouchPro since the beginning of November. I had an absolute nightmare of a problem getting WMwifirouter to work consistently even though it worked super for me for over a year in my old Titan's.

I have been in contact with the company & they where aware of the problems. They sent me a new test version two days ago & it works perfectly.

They asked me not to distribute it, but the official release of the new version is supposed to be this Monday.

~John

pierhogunn 03-07-2009 01:39 PM

wmwifirouter v1.25 and certain laptops, Lenovo T61's in particular don't want to seem to coexist.

Give those guys some time, and hopefully this will not be an issue, and in the mean time, you can use the 3g to USB option, it may be old school, but it gets the job done

bubba6800 03-07-2009 01:43 PM

Do I have to have a certain program to do the usb?

pierhogunn 03-07-2009 01:48 PM

nope, just click the 3g to usb button, and your off to the races

bubba6800 03-07-2009 01:49 PM

The computer doesn't need any program? and I tried resetting all my stuff and same results. And the main reason I really want the wi-fi to work is do to the fact my buddys i-Phone cannot do it! lol and then he would have to use my wi-fi for some of his apps.