PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 01:32 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Replacements coming as refurbs yet? [4-25-09 - Some Refurbs]

I haven't seen a lot about this recently, so I figure I can ask if anyone out there has received a replacement TP any time recently, and if it was a refurb or a brand new one.

Recently, I seem to have managed to screw up the data capability on my phone, and what I -think- was a mistake on the rep's part, my MSL does not match what Sprint says I should have any more. I think he was just reading a digit wrong (because I used BAF MSL grabber later and it was all the same except one digit).

Anyway, he said he needed to send me a new phone and one would be on the way immediately, shipped UPS overnight standard (!!!). It was sent today (Friday) so I should see it Monday. He asked if my battery was still ok, and told me I'd need to re-use my phone's back cover and battery on the replacement.

I'm also getting charged, and I quote "$35 to $55 for the shipping and handling because you do not have TEP." I asked him if he could get that number nailed down and he wasn't sure.

All of this has been a little on the confusing side, and while I would like a brand new TP again, this will be my forth one, the other ones have gone back for hardware defects (aka hardware keyboard failing, earpiece not working, etc). Additionally, I don't have TEP (but you can bet I'm adding it to the new one and dropping Worst Buy's insurance FINALLY) so I'm taking whatever I can get.

Anyway, long, pointless story. I just mean to ask, are people still getting nothing but brand new TP's from Sprint?

Edit: As I posted later in the thread, it's March 9th, and I just received a brand new TP, in the box, no refurb date. It's manufacture date is Feb 22nd. So they're still giving out new ones.

Edit 2: Latest replacements still coming as brand new phones

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 04-25-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1
Re: Replacements coming as refurbs yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
I haven't seen a lot about this recently, so I figure I can ask if anyone out there has received a replacement TP any time recently, and if it was a refurb or a brand new one.

Recently, I seem to have managed to screw up the data capability on my phone, and what I -think- was a mistake on the rep's part, my MSL does not match what Sprint says I should have any more. I think he was just reading a digit wrong (because I used BAF MSL grabber later and it was all the same except one digit).

Anyway, he said he needed to send me a new phone and one would be on the way immediately, shipped UPS overnight standard (!!!). It was sent today (Friday) so I should see it Monday. He asked if my battery was still ok, and told me I'd need to re-use my phone's back cover and battery on the replacement.

I'm also getting charged, and I quote "$35 to $55 for the shipping and handling because you do not have TEP." I asked him if he could get that number nailed down and he wasn't sure.

All of this has been a little on the confusing side, and while I would like a brand new TP again, this will be my forth one, the other ones have gone back for hardware defects (aka hardware keyboard failing, earpiece not working, etc). Additionally, I don't have TEP (but you can bet I'm adding it to the new one and dropping Worst Buy's insurance FINALLY) so I'm taking whatever I can get.

Anyway, long, pointless story. I just mean to ask, are people still getting nothing but brand new TP's from Sprint?

A buddy of mine got a refurb as replacement about 2 weeks ago.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:56 AM
ShadowDrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
A buddy of mine got a refurb as replacement about 2 weeks ago.
Bummer Guess I had it coming, I'll post back on Monday and change the thread title for future reference. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2009, 01:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Quote:

I got a refurbed model from Asurion. I quickly complained and got a new one.

Tp
Old 03-07-2009, 01:59 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:

I got one about 2 weeks ago (with a bad keyboard) but it was a new one. I also got one the other day at a sprint store that was new. Anyway, when they sent me the other one they said it was back-ordered and I received it within 2 days anyway. Hope you have the same luck. Always say goodbye to bestbuy! Their insurance sucks.

I heard this from a BB employee, "This is the top of the line computer, it is powerful, has all the RAM you need, blah blah blah." The person says "Ok, i want it." The employee says, no kidding, "Ok, well you probably want insurance on it in case it breaks down." Why in the world would I need insurance that should be for crappy products on this computer you just told me was top of the line! Haha, thats what I would have said anyway.

Oh, and my friend got a pc there before consulting me, and geeksquad charged him $30 4 times to install 4 programs haha.

Sorry, i was on a rant. Anyway, good luck getting that replacement.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:15 AM
ShadowDrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
I got one about 2 weeks ago (with a bad keyboard) but it was a new one. I also got one the other day at a sprint store that was new. Anyway, when they sent me the other one they said it was back-ordered and I received it within 2 days anyway. Hope you have the same luck. Always say goodbye to bestbuy! Their insurance sucks.

I heard this from a BB employee, "This is the top of the line computer, it is powerful, has all the RAM you need, blah blah blah." The person says "Ok, i want it." The employee says, no kidding, "Ok, well you probably want insurance on it in case it breaks down." Why in the world would I need insurance that should be for crappy products on this computer you just told me was top of the line! Haha, thats what I would have said anyway.

Oh, and my friend got a pc there before consulting me, and geeksquad charged him $30 4 times to install 4 programs haha.

Sorry, i was on a rant. Anyway, good luck getting that replacement.
lol Best Buy shorted me too, I made the mistake of not reading up on what insurance was available, since I got the TP the day it came out (ok, the day after). I didn't think they were able to offer insurance on the phone, and I knew TEP through Sprint was $7/mo. The insurance plan they sold me on was $7/month so I thought it was the same thing...

Learned that the hard way when my first TP failed. I tried to add TEP to the third one, but the Sprint CSR said she couldn't. This last guy, I asked about five times total if I could add TEP to the new phone once it showed up and he was confidently saying yes every time.

I'm not computer illiterate... I'm sure, given a shot, I could have fooled my CSR for the data issue and got the information I needed to correct the problem, I was a bit worried, at first, when he had to talk to his team lead and was gone for about 15 minutes. He came back and said it needed to be replaced and I was surprised. It's good for me, though, the home key on this one is coming up, fairly high... and I -did- drop it once, but neither of those alone are reason enough for me to replace it.

Oh well, I just had to be an early adopter and get the phone before anyone else could... so I had to deal with Best Buy
Old 03-07-2009, 02:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

chowder25 is becoming a great contributor

i received my phone today through the Sprint Tech Support Center. It was brand new in box with all accessories. i just have to mail back my old.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck

I received my 3rd TP on Monday through sprint tech, it was brand new in the box. I noticed that they fixed the big gab that was in one side of the phone. The reason I replaced it again because I had an air pocket inside the screen.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: IPAQ, Treo 700WX, Treo 800W Mogul PPC 6800, Now HTC Touch Pro

ashimp1 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Replacements coming as refurbs yet?

My camera broke on my mine oringal Pro....pictures were corupting when saving to the device. I took mine in to the Corporate Store I deal with, seemed like they were going to give me a referb (white box no accessories) however when the rep went to put my SD card in the refrub the slot was broken so I got a brand new phone with all the accessories. This device with a build date of 2-17-09 seems to be more solid then my oringal ever was, tight slide, and no battery cover creaking.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic

Nicole232 is a n00b

I got a brand new replacement on friday

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro