PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   **HOWTO** Select Multiple Text/Emails/Picture Mail to Delete Them (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60230)

elephant007 03-06-2009 08:11 PM

**HOWTO** Select Multiple Text/Emails/Picture Mail to Delete Them

I search and didn't find this, hope it's not a duplicate

I've notice with MightMouseROM that you cannot select+drag+highlight more than one sms/email/mms to delete a whole group together which is probably the case with more than one ROM. Today I figured out how to accomplish task.

I'll use emails for an example. Go to your email inbox, slide out your full qwerty keyboard, press and hold CTRL and press A. This will highlight all your emails. If there are some emails you do not want to select, hold CTRL and tap the ones you want to keep. When you have all the ones you want to delete selected and the ones you don't want to delete unselected, press the soft-button DELETE and there you have it.

Again, as I said, I search unsuccessfully for this how to, so if it's already been discussed I apologize for double posting

Darkness231 03-06-2009 08:19 PM

Re: **HOWTO** Select Multiple Text/Emails/Picture Mail to Delete Them

When viewing the list of all the emails I have an option when I go into Menu-->Select Messages-->Several where I can select multiple messages to delete.

I have Mighty 4.8 ROM

elephant007 03-06-2009 08:34 PM

man, see there's more than one way to skin a cat!!! I'm a computer tech and get really frustrated when another tech gives me instructions on how to do something and I do it a different way than them but the end result is the same... Always good to know a different way to do things... When I'm teching I usually use command line for everything, I don't click on start>control panel>add/remove programs, I do ctrl+R>appwiz.cpl..

themuffinman 03-06-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elephant007 (Post 757534)
I search and didn't find this, hope it's not a duplicate

I've notice with MightMouseROM that you cannot select+drag+highlight more than one sms/email/mms to delete a whole group together which is probably the case with more than one ROM. Today I figured out how to accomplish task.

I'll use emails for an example. Go to your email inbox, slide out your full qwerty keyboard, press and hold CTRL and press A. This will highlight all your emails. If there are some emails you do not want to select, hold CTRL and tap the ones you want to keep. When you have all the ones you want to delete selected and the ones you don't want to delete unselected, press the soft-button DELETE and there you have it.

Again, as I said, I search unsuccessfully for this how to, so if it's already been discussed I apologize for double posting

I don't feel like searching for a link but if I am not mistaking the issue you are talking about are only in certain builds of roms. I think all the 20xxx build roms have this issue which really isn't an issue but how it was designed, someone else correct me it I am wrong.

elephant007 03-06-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 757587)
I don't feel like searching for a link but if I am not mistaking the issue you are talking about are only in certain builds of roms. I think all the 20xxx build roms have this issue which really isn't an issue but how it was designed, someone else correct me it I am wrong.

After I posted this I went over to MightMouseROM and lo-and-behold that's what they were talking about there... man and I thought I had a world wide discovery!! ](*,)