PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc fuze
Carrier: at&t

iggles48 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where to start?

First off I am new to this forum and am I just getting familiar with the lay of the land. The purpose of signing up was to quit being frustrated with my at&t fuze and do something about it. It's slow and cumbersome while draining a full charge in about a half a day. The speed of the phone is really inhibiting to many of the features that became reasons I purchased this particular phone to begin with.

My issues

1. I dunno if unlocking the device is worthwhile for my purposes.
2. The ROM desperately needs to be replaced, but I am unsure about what needs to happen first in terms of tutorials, hard reset, backup, apps, and downloads for this device and operating system... Let alone where to find it all in a concise matter. I am a novice afterall.

Apologies for what is a repeat thread in some way or another... I did search for similar circumstances but did not see something that encompasses all the detail right from the start of just owning what has been a dissappointing ppc. I am most concerned about the order in which things need to happen.

thanx in advance
Old 03-06-2009, 04:13 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Re: Where to start?

Welcome to the forum

Start out by taking a look at the FAQs
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42584

or the Touch Pro Essentials thread. Contains the ROM upgrade info / tutorials
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to

Last edited by Darkness231; 03-06-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

doc_ee is becoming a great contributor

to sum up many threads and posts... basically you WILL need to unlock ur phone it u desire to load a custom rom..

start by locating the unlocker for ur specific phone/carrier... from the touch pro essential thread...

once unlocked u too can become a flashaholic like many of us on here... from flashing your phone on a weekly basis or every time a new rom/version comes out... lol

ok back to the topic..
then select one of the may custom rom avaibale...when i first started i dloaded at least 8 difrent roms and went one by one..they are ALL already better than the stock to begin with... the rom u pick will beasicaly depends o your needs..

after 8 diffrent rom and trials and testing each rom i ended up flashing/staying to the Mighty Mikes rom and have yet to change...currently mighty rom is on 4.12 and DUDE ITS WAY FAST and very stable...it has everything i need and more.. all i do to it now is add the persoanl touches from his sliders and themes and thats it..my regular extra cabs and no more..and my PHONE FLYS..

try out all the rom its very easy to flash once ur phone is unlocked..to name a few popular roms..that i have tried are..juicy rom, spectre, weaponx, juggalo, mightymike, kk and many others..

have fun and READ ALOT
Old 03-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jeromiee is a n00b

first you should do a lot of research here....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomnia.
LOL. if you dont have it all ready just give it time. im fairly new and lets say all i do is play with the damn thing and look up stuff to do with to it while im at work.

i never thought about flashing a phone nor knew what it was until a couple weeks ago then i finally did it last week and lets say now i am glad i decided no to chuck it off the searis tower. now i dont know how many of those roms Doc ee listed above are for the fuze. i believe(dont quote me) that a lot of those are cdma roms only. i cant really give u examples for your phone bc i too have a cdma version.

as for apps i personally get most of them from www.freewarepocketpc.net . not a shabby place. also the links in darkness's post are really really helpful. have fun

"
Old 03-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc fuze
Carrier: at&t
Threadstarter

iggles48 is a n00b

thanx doc... my problem with the essentials tp thread is that the 2nd "tweak" doesn't anything to do with my carrier. I was looking for something specific to at&t. I guess that goes back to unlocking which seems to be what I need to do. I'll nut up and go from there. I have heard that mightyrom was very efficient from a few sources.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:38 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

ROMming is FUN!
Old 03-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggles48 View Post
First off I am new to this forum and am I just getting familiar with the lay of the land. The purpose of signing up was to quit being frustrated with my at&t fuze and do something about it. It's slow and cumbersome while draining a full charge in about a half a day. The speed of the phone is really inhibiting to many of the features that became reasons I purchased this particular phone to begin with.

My issues

1. I dunno if unlocking the device is worthwhile for my purposes.
2. The ROM desperately needs to be replaced, but I am unsure about what needs to happen first in terms of tutorials, hard reset, backup, apps, and downloads for this device and operating system... Let alone where to find it all in a concise matter. I am a novice afterall.

Apologies for what is a repeat thread in some way or another... I did search for similar circumstances but did not see something that encompasses all the detail right from the start of just owning what has been a dissappointing ppc. I am most concerned about the order in which things need to happen.

thanx in advance
Welcome to the site. The people here are excellent and I have found they are more than willing to help anyone in need. So welcome again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro