PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPCT7380 Touch Pro2 and 4 PPC-6850 TP
Carrier: Sprint

rsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Crazy phenomena - Improved Touch Pro Battery life

I am not one to believe in things like holding your left arm up while holding the phone to your ear with the right hand to improve signal reception but I have came upon a strange phenomena that significantly increases the battery life of the touch pro and am not sure why. On one of my touch pros I found someone had installed vista hide battery gauge as well as batti 2.4 , both are running at the same time. I removed vista hide and the next day my ex was complaining that the battery only lasted her half a day (she lives in a bad roaming area) so I put vista hide back on and the following day she reported it lasted all day like it had been before I "fixed it" . Of course this doesnt make any sense to me so I tried it on the touch pro I carry around and sure enough I get a battery that lasts all day with my normal use (considerably heavy regular use). Normally my phone has to live on the charger to survive a day with me but I get a full day out of it now on battery alone. I would love to see others either confirm or deny this and maybe figure out why. I am going to summarize what I did and upload the exact files I used.
  • Install Batti-2.4.cab
  • copy VistaHide Battery Gauge.exe to your Windows\startup folder after unzipping it
  • restart phone
Thats it, Silly as it is.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Batti-2.4.cab (142.0 KB, 69 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip VistaHide Battery Gauge.zip (5.2 KB, 70 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by rsbrown69; 03-06-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Crazy phenomena - Touch Pro Battery life

that probably works but i installed the diamond tweak and i get about a day while using wmp for 8-10 hours and leaving posts on the site.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Crazy phenomena - Improved Touch Pro Battery life

If someone can confirm this I will definitely give this a try.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

vistahide batt has recently been identified as one of the main contributors to lag on the TP and Diamond... many of us had to lay it to rest... there was a thread around here taking about it about a week ago.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

scotcha12345 is a n00b

Agreed with the above poster.

Vistahide causes crazy keyboard lag. I've tested it out on a few different roms and its clearly causing lag.

If you like slow typing and more battery, go for it.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

Has anyone checked memory usage of VistaHide over the duration of its run-time? Is it possible that it creates a memory leak? I know next to nothing about it, so I'm just guessing what it does to cause problems.

Maybe it runs at a higher process priority by default? That would definitely explain battery drain and detrimental effect on overall system performance, most noticeably UI responsiveness.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Wasney is keeping up the good workWasney is keeping up the good work

Well, I will try this. My phone usually dies around 9 hours. Will get back tomorrow with my results.

EDIT: Nevermind...as soon as I rebooted my TP is lagging like crazy. Getting rid of the vistahide as I type.

Last edited by Wasney; 03-06-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

Try installing .Net CF 2.0. The download to the .Net CF 2.0 SP2 from Microsoft is here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This would further backup my thread in development that both 2.0 and 3.5 Compact Frameworks should be installed to improve battery life and performance.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Tickeye is a n00b

or you could just buy the mugen 3000 extended battery an get 2 to 3 days out of it without living next to the charger thats what I did an I love it...
Old 03-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

I'm trying to understand how having a program run at startup increases battery life.

If anything it should decrease it...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro