PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Newbie01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Close to goin nuts here. Sprint Touch Pro EVDO Internet Speed vs. Mogul.

Sigh. Close to goin nuts here. Sprint Touch Pro EVDO Internet Speed vs. Mogul.

Trying to be clear and concise as possible here. I've searched forums here and at PPC and Google. I don't think I'm that much of a n00b ROMing and customizing my Mogul for the past almost 18 months.

Heres the issue: I have, for the last 3 days, Activated, Deactivated, and Reactivated my Mogul and my Touch Pro (Raphael) to test something I am experiencing.....

Severely sluggish Internet Speed Tests on my Touch Pro.

I am using http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?t=1&s=1024&w= which is the 1MB file download.

Sitting in the same exact seat, either here at my office or at home I get around 900 down on the Mogul. IF, and only IF, the Touch Pro is able to completely download the dummy file for the speed test (it usually craps out right at 460) the test is rated in the 150 down range.

I'd like to also add, that when downloading the file, I will have 4 Bars and the In/Out Airows and then all the suddent they will dissappear and reappear... this is usually when the time out occurs.

I started tooling with this because I found I could not watch Youtube or Sprint TV like I used to be able to on the Mogul without it to either take a long time to buffer in the beginning or just play the first minute or so and then start buffering forever again.

I can not figure this out. Is anyone else experiencing EVDO performance issues versus their previous Sprint EVDO Rev. A device?

I have tried all of the different Radios, no change, and different ROMs from Stock, to Boreds, to MightyMouse and back to Stock.

Care to weigh in?
Old 03-05-2009, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

izanagi is keeping up the good workizanagi is keeping up the good workizanagi is keeping up the good work
Re: Close to goin nuts here. Sprint Touch Pro EVDO Internet Speed vs. Mogul.

Nah, sorry man. I would have said try a diff radio but obviously that's not the case.

I was about to say my connection speeds have been pretty similar, but I haven't done a test like you are talking about. I do notice, however, that I am not able to stream movies on my TouchPro through ORB like I used to with my Titan, but I attributed that to the larger screen and thus higher resolution when ORB goes to re-code the video file.

I'm actually going to be getting my Mogul back this weekend, so I'll try it out and let you know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

moovius is keeping up the good workmoovius is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie01 View Post
Sigh. Close to goin nuts here. Sprint Touch Pro EVDO Internet Speed vs. Mogul.

Did you do a hard reset with any of these flashes? You have to hold down the power, volume down, and ok button at same time to hard reset.

If you did hard reset already, try installing this on your Sprint Touch Pro: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...5&d=1235945533

Hope it works. If none of that works, you may have a faulty Touch Pro. If you have a Sprint Store near you, take it in to have them test it.

Last edited by moovius; 03-05-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work

You're not the only one. I was shocked when I first ran that DSL Reports mobile speed test on my Touch Pro. Where I used to get speeds well over 1,000 kbit/sec on my Mogul in my office, I am lucky to reach 700 kbit/sec on my TP - I usually get speeds of about 150 kbit/sec, just like you. It's bizarre. I've tried all the radios out there. I just ran it right now, sitting in my office in an urban, downtown area, and I got speeds of 132 kbit/sec - pathetic.

I have tried updating my profile using the cab moovius posted, but that didn't do anything. When I call Sprint, they keep telling me to update my profile. My only consolation is that *sometimes* my phone breaks 1,000 kbit/sec in other areas of town.

But I'm with you. I really don't get it.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Newbie01 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by moovius View Post
Did you do a hard reset with any of these flashes? You have to hold down the power, volume down, and ok button at same time to hard reset.

If you did hard reset already, try installing this on your Sprint Touch Pro: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...5&d=1235945533

Hope it works. If none of that works, you may have a faulty Touch Pro. If you have a Sprint Store near you, take it in to have them test it.
Yep, I have harded them all LOL. I've been flashing roms, radios, editing PRL's nothing seems to help. Ill reactivate my Mogul while im sitting here and get 1M down... back to Raph and hes throwing me 125s....

I may just have to call Asurion back (this was a free replacement for a malfunctioning Mogul)

Let me try this Cab you attached.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Newbie01 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk6 View Post
You're not the only one. I was shocked when I first ran that DSL Reports mobile speed test on my Touch Pro. Where I used to get speeds well over 1,000 kbit/sec on my Mogul in my office, I am lucky to reach 700 kbit/sec on my TP - I usually get speeds of about 150 kbit/sec, just like you. It's bizarre. I've tried all the radios out there. I just ran it right now, sitting in my office in an urban, downtown area, and I got speeds of 132 kbit/sec - pathetic.

I have tried updating my profile using the cab moovius posted, but that didn't do anything. When I call Sprint, they keep telling me to update my profile. My only consolation is that *sometimes* my phone breaks 1,000 kbit/sec in other areas of town.

But I'm with you. I really don't get it.
Yeah and I just found another thread where this is affecting tons of people, yet it seems to be confined to that thread and its as if this issue exists in this little bubble and not getting complained about LOUDLY as it should be. Maybe since its officially only been out a couple months.... but things seemed so much smoother with the Mogul even when the GPS wasnt working at first.

It's infuriating.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

DaTru01 is a n00b

I have the same exact issue!!!!!!!! Sucks! Can't figure out how to fix. Have tried just about everything!
Old 03-07-2009, 01:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, ZE12.1 kernel & CL14

boiker is just getting started

My TP will randomnly drop from EVDO to 1x in the middle of a music (orb) or video (you tube) stream. It has done this on all ROMs and radios from stock through mighty's, through telus and sprint 1.11.

I'm in an Urban area, full signal, and with my former mogul, full evdo all the time.
Any thoughts?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro