PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint 4G EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BLawicki is keeping up the good workBLawicki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
POINT UI Question...

What is the turn off from this program? There is another thread about a theme someone had created so I did some research and it looks to be a fresh alternative to TF3d. Are there any downfalls to it that I'm just not seeing? Thanks!

here is the linkage to some user created themes.

http://community.pointui.com/topic/t...e-themes-store
Old 03-05-2009, 01:01 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: POINT UI Question...

the free version is very basic, doesn't integrate into windows mobile in any way shape or form... all it really does is have a slideshow for your pics (without even a camera button), like 6 or 9 programs on the quick launch, time throughout the world (i don't know about you, but i don't leave this country very often... i'd rather just not have a world time tab and rather just a tab with time), and its really just a bit of eye candy really. its a beta, but i'm going to assume that the integration aspect of it (or lack of), will be apparent in the paid, and free version. its nice, but i find that it doesn't really do much of anything. oh, and its fast.

tf3d has way more options, and its more customizable. plus, most every aspect of windows is acessable through it. whether its the camera, viewing text messages, calender/call history, comm manager, etc...
Old 03-05-2009, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

+1 on everything the previous post said.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

skywing269 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
the free version is very basic, doesn't integrate into windows mobile in any way shape or form... all it really does is have a slideshow for your pics (without even a camera button), like 6 or 9 programs on the quick launch, time throughout the world (i don't know about you, but i don't leave this country very often... i'd rather just not have a world time tab and rather just a tab with time), and its really just a bit of eye candy really. its a beta, but i'm going to assume that the integration aspect of it (or lack of), will be apparent in the paid, and free version. its nice, but i find that it doesn't really do much of anything. oh, and its fast.

tf3d has way more options, and its more customizable. plus, most every aspect of windows is acessable through it. whether its the camera, viewing text messages, calender/call history, comm manager, etc...
This actually isnt completely true, if you go to the PointUI forums you will find there are over a dozen new applets for it. I have even stopped using TF3D (may go back once the TP2 port is done). I have applets for calendar, weather, messaging, comm manager, etc. Although there are some limitations to the free version, the pro will solve most of them. I just find that when properly configured it is much faster than the current version of TF3D.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond - FuFu 4.5.3
Carrier: Alltel

highlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Most verything in Point UI is an applet. If you don't want the World Weather just delete it or remove it in the home settings. You can download a weather applet for the non-world prefered at their website and set up multiple cities.

The speed is just amazing. I've played with it sum, downloaded different applets including some messaging beta and it's all pretty cool. As for not having camera or media or the internet, it's not like these are TouchFlo specific all it's doing is shortcut'ing to them. An applet in PointUI could do the same thing and will. And it doesn't just limit you to what TF3D is. Atleast with PointUI it's a step up in what customization really should be. We skin tf3d and call it customized, this is different.

I am looking forward to trying out the pro version when it hits but I am using touch flo for now primarily because in pointui I keep trying to slide across the bottom 4 buttons. It's still beta stuff but but it is lite, zippy and it all looks good to me.

If I helped, give me a thanks!

Old 03-05-2009, 04:02 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Don't be fooled by the animations that are set to distract you into thinking it is faster than it is..
Old 03-05-2009, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

skywing269 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Don't be fooled by the animations that are set to distract you into thinking it is faster than it is..
Even if those animations make it 1/10th of a second slower, I would rather see the animation than the spinning beach ball. If anything it is faster than TF3D because I have access to my SMS and Weather a single swipe in either direction (right for weather, left for SMS), I see the last 4 messages on the screen at once instead of a single one and then having to swipe up to see the others as well as having all my favorite contacts on the screen at the same time instead of having to scroll through them in TF3D. So while there may be a loss of speed in some spots, all the time savings in the other areas make it completely worthwhile. Where it loses is in the level of OS integration where the TF3D port from the TP2 will clearly have the advantage.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I installed this morning, how do I get weather for my city, it's not on the list?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
+1 on everything the previous post said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
You guys are sleeping on this... there so many possibilities with Point Ui, and this is just the free version... if you actually tested it instead of glancing over it, you'd see... there a new vid on youtube really showcasing it... check it out here:
Old 03-12-2009, 07:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

any help with the weather for my city? I can't edit that cities.xml file.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro