PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Ms.Two is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trouble Customizing Wallpaper on TF3D Theme..

Hey guys,

I’m the new owner of a Sprint htc touch pro, but I use the Verizon network. Everything is going great, except I have run into a snag.
I figured out how to change themes for my touch pro and have tried a few on the phone. However, out of all the ones I found, I liked the Sprint theme the best because of the icons and design and put that back as my theme for the phone.

What I have been trying to do for a day is change the wallpaper for all the tabs while still using the Sprint theme, and also change the operator logo.

When I went to settings>wallpaper…it did not allow me to enter the button. I could press it but nothing happened. ( I have heard this could happen, I guess depending on the theme?) and read it on xda-developers forum @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=419799
“””Sprint Theme Extras
On some ROM's the Settings->Wallpaper don't work
Download Manila.exe fix
Copy to windows with e.g. Total Commander Don't run it!!
Sometimes it will show Start.exe in process
Nothing dangerous... and sad to say, no fix for it””””””””””””

So i ended up using manilla editor. I was able to successfully extract and then edit the background and operator logo in Photoshop. Then i went to zip the file of the changed graphics. it said zip successfully created. However, when I go to extract the zipped file on my computer I get an error saying: "unknown method; no files to extract".

Now Shaun0207 helped me find a way to change background FOR ALL TABS without using manilla. I downloaded 2 manilla files to my windows directory, which did in fact change the wallpaper on all tabs!!! However, I have a specific Wallpaper I want to use, but I still cannot click settings>wallpaper and change it through there.

So how do I get the *png file or pic file I have and convert it to a Manilla file so I can place it in my Windows Directory.

I attached the old sprint wallpaper and the new wallpaper, so you guys can see what I am trying to do. Any ideas??? I’m stumped!!!!!!!!!!!! Any ideas would be appreciated!!!!!!!!

-D
Attached Images
File Type: jpg background.jpg (2.2 KB, 60 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg new background.jpg (14.5 KB, 52 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: png sprint logo.png (2.0 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: png new sprint logo.png (12.7 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-05-2009, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

IGGUS is keeping up the good workIGGUS is keeping up the good work
Re: Trouble Customizing Wallpaper on TF3D Theme..

I've seen what you're talking about and the link you've got - I have a few of those themes myself!

There seems to be a problem with some of the themes... not quite sure what it is. I've found I believe 4a087e41_manila being the background you can place in /Windows on the phone after disabling TouchFlo3D in Start>Settings>Personal>Today. Manila 'viewer' works to see what the individual graphics are but I haven't been able to actually save one of my own and successly harvest the *_manila file.

Anyone else know something we don't?

-IGGUS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try converting it from .png to .jpg and see if that works.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Ms.Two is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
try converting it from .png to .jpg and see if that works.
thanks for the reply guys. the only problem with that is that with .jpg the image isn't transparent and then when i put it into the windows directory with the other manila files, I don't think it will recognize it and make it the wallpaper?.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:13 AM
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you open it up in something like PS and just resave it as .jpg it should work. what its saved as has nothing to do with the transparency. i am using a .jpg as my background so i know they work.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:20 AM
VIP Member

what rom are you running?
Old 03-05-2009, 01:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Ms.Two is a n00b

Quote:
what rom are you running?
i'll try the .jpg and see if that works. I'm running mightyrom 4.12
Old 03-05-2009, 01:32 AM
VIP Member

hate to say it but if the .jpg doesnt work i would reflash. there could have been an issues with TF3D. im running SSK's rom and have no problem changing the background.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:40 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
hate to say it but if the .jpg doesnt work i would reflash. there could have been an issues with TF3D. im running SSK's rom and have no problem changing the background.

But are you running that on a Sprint TP on VZW network? That seems to be one of the main issues. I think if you edit the manila file that the poster above suggested, might do the trick. However, there has to be an easier way.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:27 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Any other Sprint TP on VZW network having this issue?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro