PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC lack of support for QTV video driver VGA

I am posting this thread to see how many users out there of the TP and other HTC Vga devices
are getting as frustrated with this issue as I am . Please read http://mobile-enthusiast.blogspot.co...rformance.html I am a business/pleasure user of my Touch Pro having escalate use from an old IPAQ PDA , to a PPC6700, SamsungI730, Sprint Mogul 6800, and now to the Sprint Touch Pro. I like to watch and listen to all types of media and am constantly looking for improvements but this Qtv proprietary stuff that HTC caved in on (IMHO) withe Qualcomm QTC driver is beginning to drive me nuts. VGA phone that you have to use workarounds basically to play what you should be able to play on more than an "album: player if you want true device capability. Yes there are some workarounds that work pretty darn well but they are workarounds . This is affecting other devices as well for me in that they do not function at full compatibilty now with my Touch Pro . Of course they (HAVA /Monsoon ) for example , puts everything back on the driver issue .WMP works very well but , hell, its WMP. Core Player has nice results so far considering the work needed , yet still not 100 percent with Qtv. TCPMP is getting better. This link may have been posted and if so, I apologize, but if you have not read this, then please do. If After reading it, we maybe catch someone's eye at HTC or some great open source guru , maybe we can get this resolved. Maybe it does not matter to many . But I want to be able to utuilize all my TP assets that are locked up inside because of someone caving in at the negotiating table. If you are the video lover and regular user of this phone and other HTC phones with VGA , then you will sympathize and hopefully we can get someone's notice.Does anyone with a slingbox have problems in landscape mode ? Wondering how many apps dont work to full potential because of this .

Last edited by lefty11; 03-07-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: IPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

bfaber is just getting started
Re: HTC lack of support for QTV video driver VGA

I don't really have problems with the TP as-is...

'Guess I've yet to run into the use case that makes me see the problem..
Old 03-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

and that's cool, the thread was for people who are experiencing the limitations of the QTvcompatibility.. Thanks
Old 03-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Thats why you dont run out ASAP when the Touch Pro 2 or Diamond 2 get released. You DONT buy it! Then maybe HTC will released properly working devices.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Uhh, I did not run out, it was an exchange for my Mogul . And sure you can always wait and wait for the next model or revision, but if that worked so well I guess there ultimately be everyone one waiting for the one perfect model phone. The thread was meant to possibly have someone recognize the issue that could do something about it , not meant garner remarks such as that. Next time please just pM me the personal wisdom . I was trying to start a thread for a reason not a consumer buying lesson..I read several of your other posts. You seem to have gravitated toward personal remarks and commentaries . I thought I was being costructive here and hopefully and possibly trying to help in whatever small way but thanks for the negative enrgy, dude, Much appreciated.

Last edited by lefty11; 03-07-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: IPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

bfaber is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Thats why you dont run out ASAP when the Touch Pro 2 or Diamond 2 get released. You DONT buy it! Then maybe HTC will released properly working devices.
That ultimately will be the only solution... Walk away and take your money elsewhere. This issue has come up so many times and has been ignored by HTC for so long that no renewed effort will change anything...
Old 03-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

GPS didnt start working on a lot of phones because people stopped buying them? Revisions , releases still get done. Cmon, what is with the negative vibes?? Manufactures update ROMS, drivers, etc all the time because people demand them, not because they stop buying them. When they stop buying them, that makes them stop producing them...Then we have to go out and buy a new phone or other item... Unlocking something already in an item and making it useful is not unreasonable nor something you should have to sit around and wait for a new model to have... Sure would be a lot of old phones laying around that were GPS capable , but never unlocked (and peeps going out to buy a new one with it unlocked ) if that were the case. In America , we demand change if something gets to us that much instead of waiting around for someone else to come along and change it. .........
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bujin is becoming a great contributor

Well, as you said, it works on WMP. Not everybody likes WMP, but from HTC's perspective, they probably feel that the number of customers that feel the need for QTV is relatively small (my buddies laugh at me when I tell them that I watch video on my phone), and that they don't feel a need for multiple solutions for the same problem.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

guess that would make sense if HTC hadn't used the Qualcomm QTV ........................ never mind, it appears I am in a vast minority in wanting full capability out of my TP......let me tell the folks over at CorePlayer that they were just wasting time working on a good fix..I am sure they were only doing it for kicks
Old 03-07-2009, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Yes, it's irritating.

I have CorePlayer 1.3 & never use it because h.264 files are unwatchable on it but look awesome in WMP (which I hate)

We need a version of CP with full (instead of partial) QTV support. My biggest beef with WMP is you can't exit it & then restart in the same place like you can with CorePlayer.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro