PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TomTom 7 vs Garmin XT....which is better and why??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59973)

bds120 03-04-2009 05:23 PM

TomTom 7 vs Garmin XT....which is better and why???

I have Garmin XT on my touch pro as well as TomTom 7. I am trying to find out which is better. Someone stated that the TomTom sucks less battery but I am trying to find out because I am planning to use my touch pro when riding my motorcycle. Anyone have any reviews or anything to say why you chose what you chose and what are the benefits of TomTom over Garmin or vice versa.

Much appreciated!!!

Yankees368 03-04-2009 05:24 PM

Re: TomTom 7 vs Garmin XT....which is better and why???

I have used both, and I prefer Garmin. TomTom is really a European company with products in the US. Personal preference, really.

kyle4269 03-04-2009 05:30 PM

I love Garmin because it locks quicker than TomTom did..I also like the display better and the maps seem to be more updated than TomTom was.

bds120 03-04-2009 05:35 PM

So does the garmin seem to burn your battery? I am looking into riding on motorcycle. So I am just wondering

kyle4269 03-04-2009 05:42 PM

When I use the GPS I have my phone plugged in most of the time so i'm not really sure.

bds120 03-04-2009 05:45 PM

Ok cool. Well I am thinking about getting a car charger for my bike....so it might be cool

ou2mame 03-04-2009 06:00 PM

i like the function of garmin, but tomtom seems more accurate, and the routes are cleaner. there's less left right left right's with tomtom.

DarkLord 03-04-2009 06:07 PM

since i love controvery, what about IGO8? i use it and tomtom7. just depends on my moods which. i love the TTS that Igo has. How does Garmin XT compare with Igo8?

bds120 03-04-2009 06:16 PM

Im not sure, I dont have Igo8. But garmin is extra smooth and looks amazing.

profroopchan 03-04-2009 06:58 PM

I have a Tom Tom in my car (coming from a old garmin before), and it was really cool to be able to customize the Tom Tom fully for whatever I wanted to do. I put on different voices, changed the map colors, set alerts, change the car symbold and a ton of stuff. I have now put the Garmin XT on my Touch Pro and I prefer it to the Tom Tom One 3rd Edition I have in my car. The next time I am purchasing a GPS again, I would go with Garmin. The layout is just easier to read for me. I get the information I need quickly and I prefer the garmin map.