PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond - FuFu 4.5.3
Carrier: Alltel

highlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Available Ram - What's yours?

What is your available ram to use? I'm constantly running at 90% of capacity which is really starting to bother me lol. What is yours and with what rom or setup?

If I helped, give me a thanks!

Old 03-04-2009, 02:12 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Re: Available Ram - What's yours?

WeaponRom v1.12

After boot:

Ram - 366mb +/- 1mb
Rom - 129mb +/12mb
-/4mb

After reclaim:
Ram - 366mb
Rom - 140mb

Old 03-04-2009, 02:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

highlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

kewl. My tp has been seriously neglected the last few months. Frankly I've had a very hard time doing the verizon gps unlocker and I've just been using it for a spare battery more or less, but i'm going to do a lot of flashing with it tomorrow lol. Your weapon rom is pretty sweet btw
Old 03-04-2009, 02:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The community site has a lot of information about the different roms. You can find it here.

There is a column "Memory used at Start Up"
I think you might be interested in that.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I'm more interested in learning from this how to increase the amount of ram I have. I'm not sure if all the tp's from different carriers are the same but with VZW it sure seems they are rather gimped in that area, and knowing a good setup atleast for keeping a good amount of ram open would be good info to know for anyone.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yes verizon did gimp you. Have you considered flashing to a custom rom?

Also, you should get this app called cleanRAM, it's completely free and getting rave reviews. You can read about it and get it in my post here. It's a true must have for lower ram devices.

Last edited by GoodGets; 06-09-2009 at 07:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:19 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
Yes verizon did gimp you. Have you considered flashing to a custom rom?

Also, you should get this app called cleanRAM, it's completely free and getting rave reviews. You can read about it and get it in my post here. It's a true must have for lower ram devices.
i use it on my pro, i love it. good idea. +1

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:29 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife22 View Post
kewl. My tp has been seriously neglected the last few months. Frankly I've had a very hard time doing the verizon gps unlocker and I've just been using it for a spare battery more or less, but i'm going to do a lot of flashing with it tomorrow lol. Your weapon rom is pretty sweet btw
Thanks highlife22,

And I have the cleanRAM installed in my rom. Its been assigned to the left soft key in TF3D for easy access and works terrific.

BTW, I just uploaded v1.13 for Verizon users

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro