PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Available Ram - What's yours? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59917)

highlife22 03-04-2009 01:57 AM

Available Ram - What's yours?

What is your available ram to use? I'm constantly running at 90% of capacity which is really starting to bother me lol. What is yours and with what rom or setup?

xweaponx 03-04-2009 02:12 AM

Re: Available Ram - What's yours?

WeaponRom v1.12

After boot:

Ram - 366mb +/- 1mb
Rom - 129mb +/12mb
-/4mb

After reclaim:
Ram - 366mb
Rom - 140mb

highlife22 03-04-2009 02:15 AM

kewl. My tp has been seriously neglected the last few months. Frankly I've had a very hard time doing the verizon gps unlocker and I've just been using it for a spare battery more or less, but i'm going to do a lot of flashing with it tomorrow lol. Your weapon rom is pretty sweet btw :)

GoodGets 03-04-2009 02:27 AM

The community site has a lot of information about the different roms. You can find it here.

There is a column "Memory used at Start Up"
I think you might be interested in that.

highlife22 03-04-2009 02:31 AM

I'm more interested in learning from this how to increase the amount of ram I have. I'm not sure if all the tp's from different carriers are the same but with VZW it sure seems they are rather gimped in that area, and knowing a good setup atleast for keeping a good amount of ram open would be good info to know for anyone.

GoodGets 03-04-2009 02:40 AM

Yes verizon did gimp you. Have you considered flashing to a custom rom?

Also, you should get this app called cleanRAM, it's completely free and getting rave reviews. You can read about it and get it in my post here. It's a true must have for lower ram devices.

WarChild 03-04-2009 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodGets (Post 752286)
Yes verizon did gimp you. Have you considered flashing to a custom rom?

Also, you should get this app called cleanRAM, it's completely free and getting rave reviews. You can read about it and get it in my post here. It's a true must have for lower ram devices.

i use it on my pro, i love it. good idea. +1

xweaponx 03-04-2009 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highlife22 (Post 752250)
kewl. My tp has been seriously neglected the last few months. Frankly I've had a very hard time doing the verizon gps unlocker and I've just been using it for a spare battery more or less, but i'm going to do a lot of flashing with it tomorrow lol. Your weapon rom is pretty sweet btw :)

Thanks highlife22,

And I have the cleanRAM installed in my rom. Its been assigned to the left soft key in TF3D for easy access and works terrific.

BTW, I just uploaded v1.13 for Verizon users ;-)