PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bds120 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*****Just installed Garmin XT to my pro....one quick question for people******

As stated, I just installed the latest Garmin to my touch pro and I am trying to see for those who have it also, is it a battery killer? I know its GPS and all. But I used it today and it didnt seem to take as much as the google maps gps I once had.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Touch Pro + Touch Diamond

rgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to rgildoss Send a message via MSN to rgildoss
Re: *****Just installed Garmin XT to my pro....one quick question for people******

Quote:
Originally Posted by bds120 View Post
As stated, I just installed the latest Garmin to my touch pro and I am trying to see for those who have it also, is it a battery killer? I know its GPS and all. But I used it today and it didnt seem to take as much as the google maps gps I once had.

works really well here...
Old 03-03-2009, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

bds120 is a n00b
Re: *****Just installed Garmin XT to my pro....one quick question for people******

So does it kill your battery. Do you see that much difference in battery drain?
Old 03-03-2009, 11:04 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

well, it keeps your data connection open, so i normally only use it while in my car. if i'm walking around nyc or something and looking for something, i normally use tt7 because it doesn't use data. i also find garmin annoying if i'm on a phonecall, because it keeps popping up that annoying bubble telling me there's no data connection.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

My TP using GarminXT doesn't use data unless I want it to DL traffic....
Old 03-04-2009, 12:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
My TP using GarminXT doesn't use data unless I want it to DL traffic....
this. also you can turn all data off in the settings or when first installing it. no idea on battery. i only use it in the truck and have it plugged in. still pissed because my P51 doesnt show up as big as it did on my titan.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I use it a lot and it does usee more battery than normal use..It hasnt killed my battery though.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have a lighter adapter/charger in my car so I always hook it up when I use my phone as GPS.

I'd imagine Garmin XT would run the batteries a bit harder than using normal programs, especially since it's rendering 3D maps and amplifying/processing GPS data at the same time the screen is on.

The TP has horrific battery life anyway, I don't trust my phone to last more than a couple hours away from a charger, which is sad, but true. I have a charger at work to make sure it doesn't die on me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro