PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

turbochris is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
hard reset trick

I just bought a touch pro, can I hard reset it and then do a soft reset when it tries to load all of the verizon crap like I did with my poor old XV6700?
Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPro -TP2
Carrier: Sprint/AT&T

gatolsf is becoming a great contributor
Re: hard reset trick

yes you can
Old 03-03-2009, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I tired it but the thing is it never went through the touchscreen calibration and I couldn't figure out a way to get my touchscreen working.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

how about a custom rom if you don't like the verizon stuff? most of what you need is in the customizations.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've done this a few time and my phone never seems to run right when I dont allow the customization to run.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've been reading about the roms and that's probably the way I'll go. I'm looking for something that's fairly simple with GPS and tethering enabled with all the useless crap cut out. I used one of the kitchens before to customize my XV6700 and I had that thing tweaked! I miss it already, I broke it 3 times and got the $50 replacement but the build quality of the replacements seems to be getting bad. Anyone have any recommendations for a good rom?
Old 03-04-2009, 01:50 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbochris View Post
I've been reading about the roms and that's probably the way I'll go. I'm looking for something that's fairly simple with GPS and tethering enabled with all the useless crap cut out. I used one of the kitchens before to customize my XV6700 and I had that thing tweaked! I miss it already, I broke it 3 times and got the $50 replacement but the build quality of the replacements seems to be getting bad. Anyone have any recommendations for a good rom?
Custom ROM come down to personal preference. You can check out this link for details of the most popular ROMs:

http://sites.google.com/site/ppcgeek...om-information

Old 03-04-2009, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

I second this. I've looked through the roms and they all have a lot of junk I don't want.

Isn't there a simple "junkware removal" like was so common on the 6700's?? There has to be a way to hard-reset, then soft-reset and only install the necessary items...
Old 03-04-2009, 03:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
I second this. I've looked through the roms and they all have a lot of junk I don't want.

Isn't there a simple "junkware removal" like was so common on the 6700's?? There has to be a way to hard-reset, then soft-reset and only install the necessary items...
Why not just build your own in Calcu's kitchen ...
Old 03-04-2009, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

doc_ee is becoming a great contributor

i would suggest the Mighty Roms. they are fast and stable and arent really loaded with bunch of crap and bloat...they are loaded with essentials and cool stuff.. and are realy very fast...i have used the other chefs roms and really liked mikes..

for the touch pro he busted out a "clean" version of the latest 4.12 rom.. try it and out if u dont like just flash to another.. i have flashed my tpro at least 70 times in the last 2 months. lOLOLOL

flashaholic i try the new roms every day and test them out to see what suits me better on a daily basis

try them out it wont hurt !! and its FUN and addicting..

just my .02

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro