PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Randomly Powering Off??????? Upate 03-10-09 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59883)

shaun0207 03-03-2009 07:31 PM

Touch Randomly Powering Off??????? Upate 03-10-09

Anybody else having this issue. It started on Friday. I received 3 picturemail messages, checked them and then put it down. About 2hrs later when I went to call my son it was off completely. So I powered it back on, made 3 calls and put it down again. Powered off again. I power it back up and delete the last 3 programs I installed: mort's mortscript, WVD, and the Google Gears update. Rebooted. After 10min it powered off again. So I did a Hard Reset then used SPB Backup to reinstall all my old programs without those I just listed. Powered off 20min after the reinstall was done.

I also noticed that some of the tweaks I had down to my phone using "Touch Pro Essentials" thread were undone, specifically the "NoSMSSent" tweak. Not only was it not working, but it also wouldnt let me install the tweak again using Resco Registry or TF3D Config. I had to install Diamond Tweak (which I havent used in months) in order to redo that hack.

So I used Clean Temp to help clean my registries of bad entries. It seemed to work, although it kept trying to get me to uninstall registry edits for some of the programs I use. So it worked all day Sunday and Monday with no issues. I go to reinstall WVD and 101min later the phone powers off again. WTF?????

I'm gonna uninstall Diamond Tweak and TF3D Config.Then maybe use SK Tools to try and clean up the registry hacks. Then reinstall those programs.

Is anyone else having issues with there TP randomly powering off?

shaun0207 03-05-2009 03:51 PM

Re: Touch Randomly Powering Off??????? Upate 03-5-09

Apparently the suttingoff happens immediately if I put my phone down to hard. No mind you, I take great care of my phone, so I'm not putting it down hard at all. But if it bumps just slightly, it shuts off.

Anybody got any ideas?

LunaticSerenade 03-05-2009 05:29 PM

loose battery?

that seems very strange to me...I'm not having any kind of issue like that.

Machinehead 03-05-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunaticSerenade (Post 755331)
loose battery?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Does it happen if you shake the phone hard?

Darkjedi 03-05-2009 05:33 PM

Sounds like a trip to the Sprint store is in order. I vaguely remember having a gadget when I was young that did something similar, where if I bumped it slightly the thing would just reset. Something on the board must be loose or whatever, if it isn't your battery that's messed up. If you don't have insurance, you best open up the TP and check every solder.

shaun0207 03-05-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunaticSerenade (Post 755331)
loose battery?

that seems very strange to me...I'm not having any kind of issue like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 755338)
Exactly what I was thinking.

Does it happen if you shake the phone hard?

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 755339)
Sounds like a trip to the Sprint store is in order. I vaguely remember having a gadget when I was young that did something similar, where if I bumped it slightly the thing would just reset. Something on the board must be loose or whatever, if it isn't your battery that's messed up. If you don't have insurance, you best open up the TP and check every solder.

Nope. Not happening when shaking. Only when i put the phone down

shaun0207 03-05-2009 05:39 PM

I have an extra Seido battery. Gonna try that now

gator352 03-05-2009 05:52 PM

yeah, sounds as if something inside jossled loose like a batt connector prong or something similar and the weight of the phone makes it cut out.......take a lil trip.....take a lil trip.....take a lil trip to spri - int! sing along!!! Wait.....this aint a time to rejoice.....Our TP brother needs help so Stop it....dang it, merry xmas!!

shaun0207 03-05-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 755366)
yeah, sounds as if something inside jossled loose like a batt connector prong or something similar.......take a lil trip.....take a lil trip.....take a lil trip to spri - int!

Looked at the connector and its damaged. On my way to the Sprint store now. Got one right around the corner

shaun0207 03-05-2009 06:49 PM

Took forever to be helped in the store. Left the phone with them and going back to get it in a hour. They get on my nerves over there. I told the girl what I thought might be wrong and she was like I'm not gonna put that in the report because they may blame you for it. So I appreciate that, but if I don't tell you what's wrong and you cant fix it, then what?

So then she kept asking me if I had the hone backed up because they may have to HR it and I told her yes. So then she say's "Are you sure"? I sya yes again. Just wnat to be clear because some people dont understand that we have to do that sometimes. If I can tell you what's wroong with the damnd phone, dont you think I know how to back it up?

So I told her I use SPB Backup and she said I have no idea what that is. Then she said she los t her BB and she couldnt get anything back on it. So I asked her "did you have it back up"????? DAMN SPRINT