PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: NUNYA
Carrier: YOMAMA

duronimo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Instructions for Tethering Touch Pro on Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjf357 View Post
1:Install the internet tethering hack http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...9&d=1221879604 (thanks Swartz! Makes it easy for us noobs)
(THIS CAB IS TO BE INSTALLED ON YOUR PPC NOT YOUR PC)

2:Make sure you have window mobile device center installed(Vista) or activsync(XP) So your computer has the proper drivers Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 for Windows Vista (32-bit)

3:Connect the usb cable to your phone. Then connect to your pc.

4:Wait for your pc to recognize and install the drivers for your phone(automatic if you followed step 2) You should see a notifacation in bottom right corner of your pc.
IF YOU CANT SPELL THE WORD NOTIFICATION PLEASE DO NOT PUBLISH TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONS
5: Select internet sharing from the popup when you plug the cable in. Or goto StartMenu/programs/internet sharing. When it starts hit connect in the bottom left corner if it hasn't already.
THERE IS NO POP UP...... THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE VAGUE AND SLIPSHOD
Start up your favorite browser and enjoy
IM GONG TO START UP MY FAVORITE CHAN SAW AND CUT OFF YOUR HEAD
Old 10-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Instructions for Tethering Touch Pro on Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by duronimo View Post
IM GONG TO START UP MY FAVORITE CHAN SAW AND CUT OFF YOUR HEAD
Woah. You should take a few deep breaths.

First, the popup might not show for two reasons. There's a check box that says "always do this action" or something to that effect - if you check that box, you'll never see the popup again. I'm sure there's some registry setting or some way to get the popup back, but I honestly don't know the answer to that.

Second reason it won't show is for whatever reason (it is WinMo) the phone defaults back to the last thing it did even tho I did not check that box (I never do). Now if it's plugged in and shows a disk drive, that's annoying no popup - if I unplug and replug (safely remove before you unplug if it's mounted your SD as a disk) again for whatever reason this makes the popup show. So if it's defaulting to something else other than internet sharing, unplug/replug... Popup should show!!

Regardless you should be able to force it like he describes...

Now drink a beer, do what you gotta do and enjoy your tethered internets. The options are probably dependent on what ROM you're on, so if you don't see an Internet Sharing option, flash EnergyROM - whichever one, they all should have it. I honestly can't remember if the stock ROM has it or not - it might not...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro