PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro Screen Issues (this is getting ridiculous) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59875)

djstone86 03-03-2009 05:50 PM

Touch Pro Screen Issues (this is getting ridiculous)

This is my third touch pro in about a month. All have had the same issue... The screen gets corrupted and blacks out on me. What is HTC's deal? Whatever happened to quality control? This reminds me of my xbox 360. The good thing that I can get a replacement the next day, but everything i have to reflash my phone and tweak it the way i want. Im about to leave it stock. Anyone have the same issues?

P.S. Im starting to miss my mogul

schettj 03-03-2009 08:41 PM

Re: Touch Pro Screen Issues (this is getting ridiculous)

No problems here.

After three times, you might want to consider its something you're doing?

Naw, that can't be it.

jahruh 03-04-2009 01:17 AM

my screen went out on me yesterday only had it a bout 3 weeks gonna try to get a replacement today. I hope they have them in the store

fubartv 03-04-2009 01:18 AM

flawless here since launch day... :headbang:

Magoo_215 03-04-2009 01:23 AM

This is my 5th TP and 2 of them I had I had problems with the screen so yea I know what your talking about.

jotahtc 03-04-2009 01:26 AM

yep, I'm on my second tp.. same problem, screen died out...so sad...wtf htc??

ramiss 03-04-2009 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djstone86 (Post 751340)
but everything i have to reflash my phone and tweak it the way i want. Im about to leave it stock.

Why do we read so many threads of people losing all of their setup? Just use SPB Backup.

class1c 03-04-2009 03:40 AM

I will be recieving my 3rd touch pro thursday (in the past month).. both with screen FAIL-ure. same issue. screen begins to get jumbled and eventually quits. tried to tell me its 3rd party software (roms n such). negative its hardware. good luck man

rebelmuddlite 03-04-2009 06:03 AM

im on my second, i experienced this problem with the screen also. but my screen would freeze up for a few seconds and then black out or stay frozen and if i hit the sleep button and brought it back out of sleep itd black out as in it looked as if the colors were bleeding out, and sometimes sliding the keyboard out and back in and sleep/unsleep would bring the screen back but most times had to soft reset to get it back and it took a couple and sometimes had to tap against palm of hand lightly as if theres a loose connection problem. i got a warranty replacement that was new (not refurbished thank God). it seems to be a little sturdier and smoother and a little faster than my last on any rom, and seems to get better signal and battery life, so i dont know whether do be mad that i had to replace a phone at 3 months in or happy that its a better one and i didn't pay for it

lgmayka 03-04-2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiss (Post 752339)
Why do we read so many threads of people losing all of their setup? Just use SPB Backup.

Does SPB Backup solve the issue with Update PRL and Update Profile? When I used Sprite Backup from one Touch Pro to the next, these two programs gave error 407. Other posters in this forum told me that there was no known fix, that I would have to abandon the backup/restore and instead reinstall all apps from scratch.