PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Doughstackz

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Screen Issues (this is getting ridiculous)

im on my second pro as well.
same problem. blacked out when i slid it open.

now im on my 3rd one cus of a pressure issue that messed up my LCD. i got oil like smudges under the screen now.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

SurfDan5 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Just received my second tp today and it only has 1 minute of talk time on it. My first TP died the same way your describing. The screen just started to go black and I had a lot of trouble getting the phone the screen to turn on when I would hit the power button. Took it to sprint twice and they would complain about my custom icons saying thats causing the malfunction ( i don't think so). Today my screen finally went black and never came back. Took my phone over to sprint and they swaped it out for me. Don't let them tell you its the tweaks and changes you made to the phone. We wouldn't have to tweak things if HTC made this thing work better out of the box.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Well I don't quite have to hard reset mine, but my screen does go black/green/striped once a week. I have to soft-reset, but that always fixes it until the next time...

I did an online replacement with Sprint. Hopefully they won't be jerks and charge me because they couldn't find anything wrong with it. There were a bunch of other issues I told them about [overheating, keyboard sometimes needs a soft-reset to work, chrome chipping, etc] so there better not be an issue.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: T-Mobile

moe925 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to moe925

My phone is stock...had it for several months...no problems with the screen. Might be something you are doing....IMO
Old 03-19-2009, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

MX51 is keeping up the good workMX51 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to MX51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughstackz View Post
im on my second pro as well.
same problem. blacked out when i slid it open.

now im on my 3rd one cus of a pressure issue that messed up my LCD. i got oil like smudges under the screen now.
I got the same issue as you, and this is my 2nd TP. I've only had it for about a month. Took it to the sprint store today and the guys there told me it was that the screen was bleeding from the inside...

Only thing is that my "oil-looking" stain is in the middle and doesn't cover up the entire screen. The guy at sprint told me that they wouldn't validate it because everything in the phone was still functional and the mark didn't really affect the phone in any way. I did get irritated because it's not something that I did, it's their fault for producing such cheap phones... It is just unfair that we pay so much money for these devices, and then they can't give the right customer service. Definitely a -10 for sprint, ready to get outta there.

Let me know how it goes man, we need to figure out a way to get a new device!

Last edited by MX51; 03-19-2009 at 11:52 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro