PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Stylus Switch Broken?! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59866)

twentysixtwo 03-03-2009 04:39 PM

Stylus Switch Broken?!

Arrgh!

I was putting in my stylus and the angle wasn't quite right, then I noticed that the stylus had a lot of drag going in and out. I noticed a tiny tiny piece of black plastic was now loose.

I'm pretty sure I just "disabled" my stylus sensor switch. The phone is about 2 months old, no TEP on my plan, not a huge deal but any suggestions? the magnet holds the stylus in fine but I'm annoyed because the "open notes" when you are on the phone and remove the stylus" is kind of cool....

CountryDevil 03-03-2009 05:18 PM

Re: Stylus Switch Broken?!

With no TEP, you may be out of luck. The only suggestion I can make is go to a Sprint Store with a repair shop. I did this, and I have TEP and they replaced the phone wiht a new one without question. No claim to TEP either.

Good Luck!!!

jason25 03-03-2009 05:20 PM

don't you have something like 90 days to add TEP?

falzon03 03-03-2009 05:46 PM

its only 30 days to add TEP....and no offense but with all the problems that tend to occur with these phones....and how expensive they are dont you think TEP is a good route to go....it def pays off for me

twentysixtwo 03-04-2009 01:31 PM

I had TEP on my Q. Cracked the screen twice. They would have charged me $50 to swap it and I was able to buy the parts online for about $10 delivered.

The issue is that most of the time you don't need that level of insurance, now even more with the new deductible. If you play it smart and only get TEP for the first year then you paid $84 in insurance, if you make a single claim then you would have paid $184 for the new phone. Obviously if you're accident prone this will make more sense. In a year I'd expect to be able to get a TP on ebay for that much...

elmerfudpucker 03-04-2009 01:37 PM

I paid full cost on my TP, 6 months left on contract and I dont want to extend, and you can bet your @ss I got TEP on it! My mogul was replaced a few times but so far my TP has no issues...yet.

greencat 03-04-2009 02:26 PM

It could be covered under the warrenty which I think is one year.

kyle4269 03-04-2009 02:38 PM

I was thinking the same thing..It might be under warrenty..I could check that out..Good call greencat!

chappy 03-04-2009 02:56 PM

All warranty work is done through HTC, not Sprint.

Even if you don't have TEP, the most you are going to pay is $119.

blackrain 03-04-2009 03:38 PM

I believe this would be covered under warranty under normal wear & tear.