PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   ICS questions?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59856)

jmorton10 03-03-2009 03:33 PM

ICS questions??

I have a Sprint TP activated on Verizon. I want to use WMwifirouter with my ipod touch & my unlimited data, but I can't keep it working for any amount of time.

I have figured out it is an ICS problem & it doesn't seem to matter what ROM I use (I have tried every darn one of them).

I flashed this morning to one of the SSK ROM's & then installeed the ICS cab. It works perfectly the first time I connect it to my LT & finds an IP address almost instantly. I hooked the touch to it & used it all the way to work on the net & it worked fine.

The problem is, as soon as I shut down WMwifi & restart the phone it never works again. At that point, if I hook it to the LT, it says "limited connectivity" & never finds an IP address.

Does anybody have a solution to this???

~John

igot5onitt 03-03-2009 06:39 PM

Re: ICS questions??

What happens if you do a hard reset and try to connect your laptop to your wmwifi? Does it work? <-trying to find out if WMWifi is resetting itself every time you open/close the app (which it should be doing).

When you initially set up WMWifi did you use the recommended settings? I'm wondering if your wmwifi is set up for "Dynamic" so that it resets everytime.

jmorton10 03-03-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igot5onitt (Post 751443)
When you initially set up WMWifi did you use the recommended settings? I'm wondering if your wmwifi is set up for "Dynamic" so that it resets everytime.

I have probably reinstalled it 25 times at this point after hard resets, ROM flashes etc.

I have tried it at the default settings & everything in between. I don't believe the problem is with WMrouter at all, but it seems to be an ICS problem.

Today, at work I reinstalled the ICSinstall cab again. It says it will uninstall the previous version etc & then installs & does a soft reset.

At that point, if I connect it to my PC thru USB it connects & finds an IP address almost instantly. At that point, WMwifirouter works perfectly (& since I haven't soft reset the TP since I left work it is still working fine).

As soon as I soft reset the TP however, ICS will only give "limited connection" & at that point WMwifi appears to start up & work but it won't allow access to any web sites.

~John

robby37 03-03-2009 09:24 PM

it is your carrier i believe blocking it i beleive i posted a guide in the last thread that you were talking about this in if you want pm me and ill walk you through it through im or on phone or something you need to disable verizons ability to tell your tethering you have to disable multi nai and delete a couple of keys in the reg and also disable the pam phone as modem con so that the phone only connects to verizons internet then just forwards all traffic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 751722)
I have probably reinstalled it 25 times at this point after hard resets, ROM flashes etc.

I have tried it at the default settings & everything in between. I don't believe the problem is with WMrouter at all, but it seems to be an ICS problem.

Today, at work I reinstalled the ICSinstall cab again. It says it will uninstall the previous version etc & then installs & does a soft reset.

At that point, if I connect it to my PC thru USB it connects & finds an IP address almost instantly. At that point, WMwifirouter works perfectly (& since I haven't soft reset the TP since I left work it is still working fine).

As soon as I soft reset the TP however, ICS will only give "limited connection" & at that point WMwifi appears to start up & work but it won't allow access to any web sites.

~John

robby37 03-03-2009 09:24 PM

i had alot of issues with this with my 6800 on verizon once i went to a 6.1 rom

jmorton10 03-04-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robby37 (Post 751744)
it is your carrier i believe blocking it i beleive i posted a guide in the last thread that you were talking about

Well, that didn't work either & I'm totally stumped at this point.

I did a hard reset, all the regedits, reinstalled ICS & WMwifirouter & it worked perfectly once.

I soft reset & it stopped working.

~John

jmorton10 03-04-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robby37 (Post 751745)
i had alot of issues with this with my 6800 on verizon once i went to a 6.1 rom

Did you ever find a fix for it??

When I had my 6800's I never had a problem with WMwifirouter & I used it all the time.

~John

z28marols1 03-04-2009 09:39 AM

try refreshing the IP address on your laptop (if you havent already). And have you tried restarting your laptop in all this mess just to eliminate something your laptop is doing as the cause?

jmorton10 03-04-2009 10:12 AM

Unfortunately, I've tried all that (about 25 times)

~John

jmorton10 03-04-2009 02:26 PM

I have one more thing I am going to try tonight just for kicks.

I will flash it again, do all the reg edits, install ICS & WMwifirouter & get it working.

At that point, I will export a copy of the working reg to my storage card. Then, after I soft reset & it's not working I will import the working reg settings & see if that makes any difference.

~John