PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro
Carrier: Sprint

charrison83 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TomTom users

I am looking to put tomtom on my sprint htc touch pro. I want to make sure that I am doing things right. I downloaded TomTom HOME and it recognizes my phone. Now do I need to just purchase the maps for my area? When I get to the page to put in my device to I put in Navigator 7? Navigator 6? What do I do? Thanks
Old 02-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG enV Touch
Carrier: Verizon

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin
Re: TomTom users

you would need to buy the software directly from tomtom from their website i believe. I don't know how HOME works as i use it for my standalone ONE XL device. I bought the navigator directly from their website and mine work's fine. I am using a Mogul though, not a TP

Commander of the Non-Data Users Team.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Why not just use the Sprint Navigation? It's free and it doesn't take up so much space on your sd card. I really don't get spending the money on Tom Tom.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro
Threadstarter

charrison83 is a n00b

How do you get sprint navigation for free? Doesn't have to be a part of your plan? My plan is through my work and when I install sprint navigation it tells me that I have to subscribe to use it
Old 02-28-2009, 11:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

mmccoyguy is a n00b

I have TOM TOM Nav 6 and it works great. I purchased via website and installed quickly and easily from cd supplied. you get product code and activation codes with it. good phone support from TOM TOM as well. I recommend direct purchase from TOM TOM. I like it as you can navigate easier to unknown places via TOM TOM over google maps or sprint navigation. You can also nav via contacts. I travel extensively and before leaving I put in addresses into tom tom on phone and when i get to city, i just pull them up and go. works great.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Lurker

ravipatel21 is a n00b

i cannot get tom tom 6 to work on the sprint touch pro...it will not find any of the satellite signals...has anyone been able to figure out how to get it to work?

thanks in advance.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmug View Post
Why not just use the Sprint Navigation? It's free and it doesn't take up so much space on your sd card. I really don't get spending the money on Tom Tom.
Sprint Nav is great as long as you are under their coverage umbrella.

I prefer GarminXT 5. It includes Google search.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 03-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sprint Nav is free to me under the Unlimited data plan.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kmartburrito is keeping up the good workkmartburrito is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravipatel21 View Post
i cannot get tom tom 6 to work on the sprint touch pro...it will not find any of the satellite signals...has anyone been able to figure out how to get it to work?

thanks in advance.
I've got tomtom 6 working perfectly on my sprint tp...what exactly couldn't you get to work? I'd be happy to help you.

Have you tried quickgps to download the latest satellite locations?

I also use the astrogps launcher to launch tomtom, have used since i had my mogul. It properly opens and closes the gps radio...i normally get full sat lock within 10 seconds

If I've helped you in any post, please take a second to thank me using the icon. Thanks! :P

Last edited by kmartburrito; 03-01-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartburrito View Post
I've got tomtom 6 working perfectly on my sprint tp...what exactly couldn't you get to work? I'd be happy to help you.

Have you tried quickgps to download the latest satellite locations?

I also use the astrogps launcher to launch tomtom, have used since i had my mogul. It properly opens and closes the gps radio...i normally get full sat lock within 10 seconds
You shouldn't need a GPS Toggle with the Touch Pro. I can get a gPS lock that fast without Baffles or Astro

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro