PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 01:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question TELUS radio In Texas??

I have a CDMA (ALLTEL) Touch Pro. I want to flash another radio and I've been reading that the TELUS radio actually gives a better battery life. I wanted to know If flashin my TP to a telus radio on an ALLTEL network down here In texas will give me a good reception. I live next to the border and i dont know what radio will help me get a better battery life.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:45 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: TELUS radio In Texas??

Yes, battery life is significantly improved. I get considerably better reception, too.

Your best bet is to just try it. Many people report improved service. Just because it's a Canadian carrier radio doesn't mean it won't work about as far away from canada as you can get
Old 03-03-2009, 03:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've personally tried the Telus Radio in Texas and the phone started overheating seemingly directly after unplugging after the flash. The heat kept escalating until i decided it was better to flash another radio than prematurely age and degrade the components inside. My personal recommendation is radio 1.11F i got significant better signal, and battery drain is very consistent with use now
Old 03-03-2009, 03:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3d
Carrier: Sprint

DonC is becoming a great contributor

No issues to report here in Dallas with the 3 Touch Pros I have flashed with the Telus radio. Better battery life and reception on all of them. I have traveled down to Houston and then up to Lubbock with no issues to report. (service does suck out side of Lubbock though)

Last edited by DonC; 03-03-2009 at 03:40 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:38 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

I'm running my TP in Austin on the Telus radio with no issues at all.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 07-19-2009, 07:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

retrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIPretrodeviant is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I am in Hutto (near Austin), and I have some overheating issues with the Telus radio. I've been using the Sprint v1.11 lately, with less battery drain and overheating.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: nrg romz
Carrier: sprint

jramirez017 is a n00b

No problems here in San Antonio, Austin, or Corpus with the telus or 11f. Both worked great on calls, but the telus was faster when searching the net and also with battery life.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: At&t

dbord_n is keeping up the good workdbord_n is keeping up the good work

here in lubbock, the telus radio is slower on the data, but better with the battery!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro