PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Uninstalling Apps (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59776)

12gage 03-02-2009 11:33 PM

Uninstalling Apps

Hello all, I'm having difficulty uninstalling/reinstalling apps not working correctly on Touch Pro. I have SKTools and Memmaid, I've tried following the paths that Memmaid shows that app in installed to, manually deleting, then using both SK and Memmaid to uninstall anything remaining, then going to \windows\appmngr to delete anything there, searching the registry for anything related to the app and deleting, resetting, then going to Remove Programs and the app is still there. I try the "Remove From List" option and it never goes away. Then I try to reinstall I get an install unsuccessful error, and the apps still don't work correctly. Particularly GAlarm not going off to wake me up for work :( I never had this problem with my Apache, is there a trick or does anyone have any suggestions? Sorry for being so wordy and thanks in advance.

lgmayka 03-02-2009 11:48 PM

Re: Uninstalling Apps

I've run into this with Sprite Backup. No one has come up with any solution.

JAVIERBOND007 03-02-2009 11:52 PM

Has always been that way or just started doing it?

12gage 03-02-2009 11:54 PM

it seems to always leave them on the Remove Programs list but reinstalling was never an issue until lately

Garwood71 03-02-2009 11:57 PM

I saw you over in the TCPMP thread. Tech1 might not fess up to it but my phone has been janky ever since i put his stuff in. He's hatin on Mutiny but I think Mutiny has a good point w/that business bein pirate stuff. Just a guess to yer problem. My keyboard has been actin funny since dl'n that stuff, but he knows all. Hah.

12gage 03-03-2009 12:10 AM

thanks for the response but come to think of it the first "unsuccessful install" was the Tech1 TCPMP, ****ty I really don't want to start from scratch to fix it.

BRIVERS73 03-03-2009 12:19 AM

Have you tried uninstalling the programs from your desktop via activesync?

ppclover2 03-03-2009 12:45 AM

i came on here simply for this exact reason...i've tried re-installing apps and it'll act as if it is installing it...then suddenly says that it was unsuccessfull...i cant uninstall apps, and i think it started with TCPMP

i've been trying to uninstall PowerGuard...and now i have 4 copies of it in my program list!!! ahhh :-(

ppclover2 03-03-2009 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyman73 (Post 749894)
Have you tried uninstalling the programs from your desktop via activesync?

that didnt work for me...all my apps say they're 0.0 K which cant be the correct size

JAVIERBOND007 03-03-2009 09:20 AM

Sometimes is worth to hard reset...