PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Ktk
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ktk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oh no. [Opera Issue]

So, I downloaded Opera Mini (whatever version is on the site right now, I assume it's the most recent one) and while installing I conveniently ignored the warning that this Opera would replace the old one.

Of course, it finished trying and finally admitted that it was unsuccessful, but now, if I run Opera (via anything, Internet tab, the browser soft key, all programs) it does nothing. (Nothing, as if I hadn't even pressed the button). Any way I can remove this version and get the old one back; or even better, remove the old one (fixing the bugs) and replacing everything with the new one?

Also, I think a cooked ROM might fix it, but I have no idea how those work.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:29 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Re: Oh no. [Opera Issue]

Did you try to install it to the device or the storage card? You should install it to the device.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 03-02-2009, 11:32 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

you can also just backup and hardreset.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

speck is becoming a great contributor

[quote=Ktk;749751]So, I downloaded Opera Mini (whatever version is on the site right now, I assume it's the most recent one) and while installing I conveniently ignored the warning that this Opera would replace the old one.
quote]

Opera Mini replaced your Opera Mobile? Have you tried uninstalling Opera Mini?
Old 03-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Almost a VIP

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

[QUOTE=speck;749870]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktk View Post
So, I downloaded Opera Mini (whatever version is on the site right now, I assume it's the most recent one) and while installing I conveniently ignored the warning that this Opera would replace the old one.
quote]

Opera Mini replaced your Opera Mobile? Have you tried uninstalling Opera Mini?
I'm going to assume the OP meant Opera Mobile.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Ktk
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Threadstarter

Ktk is a n00b

Well, I clicked on Opera Mini, (hearing that it was superior to Mobile, hmm) and it replaced Mobile, and when I go to settings-->remove programs, Opera isn't even on the list. Any way I can find the stock Opera that came with the TP (CDMA/Sprint)? It feels like the most viable solution at the moment.

and yes, I did install to device.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Well, I clicked on Opera Mini, (hearing that it was superior to Mobile, hmm) and it replaced Mobile, and when I go to settings-->remove programs, Opera isn't even on the list. Any way I can find the stock Opera that came with the TP (CDMA/Sprint)? It feels like the most viable solution at the moment.

When the program is cooked into the ROM, whether it's a stock from Sprint or locally cooked, it will not be available as a program that you can uninstall. Only programs that you load yourself can be uninstalled individually. You won't be able to uninstall Opera Mobile. BUT! A hard-reset (after saving everything with PIM Backup, of course) will take care of what ails ya'. Good luck.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:54 AM
Almost a VIP

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

Quote:

Opera Mini is a java application that can only be ran within a Java program. I find it hard to believe that it could replace Opera Mobile on your device.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro