PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Oh no. [Opera Issue] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59773)

Ktk 03-02-2009 11:21 PM

Oh no. [Opera Issue]

So, I downloaded Opera Mini (whatever version is on the site right now, I assume it's the most recent one) and while installing I conveniently ignored the warning that this Opera would replace the old one.

Of course, it finished trying and finally admitted that it was unsuccessful, but now, if I run Opera (via anything, Internet tab, the browser soft key, all programs) it does nothing. (Nothing, as if I hadn't even pressed the button). Any way I can remove this version and get the old one back; or even better, remove the old one (fixing the bugs) and replacing everything with the new one?

Also, I think a cooked ROM might fix it, but I have no idea how those work.

Darkness231 03-02-2009 11:29 PM

Re: Oh no. [Opera Issue]

Did you try to install it to the device or the storage card? You should install it to the device.

darren.wlsn1 03-02-2009 11:32 PM

you can also just backup and hardreset.

speck 03-03-2009 12:08 AM

[quote=Ktk;749751]So, I downloaded Opera Mini (whatever version is on the site right now, I assume it's the most recent one) and while installing I conveniently ignored the warning that this Opera would replace the old one.
quote]

Opera Mini replaced your Opera Mobile? Have you tried uninstalling Opera Mini?

pdx77 03-03-2009 12:13 AM

[QUOTE=speck;749870]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ktk (Post 749751)
So, I downloaded Opera Mini (whatever version is on the site right now, I assume it's the most recent one) and while installing I conveniently ignored the warning that this Opera would replace the old one.
quote]

Opera Mini replaced your Opera Mobile? Have you tried uninstalling Opera Mini?

I'm going to assume the OP meant Opera Mobile.

Ktk 03-03-2009 12:56 AM

Well, I clicked on Opera Mini, (hearing that it was superior to Mobile, hmm) and it replaced Mobile, and when I go to settings-->remove programs, Opera isn't even on the list. Any way I can find the stock Opera that came with the TP (CDMA/Sprint)? It feels like the most viable solution at the moment.

and yes, I did install to device.

BigDinCA 03-03-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ktk (Post 749973)
Well, I clicked on Opera Mini, (hearing that it was superior to Mobile, hmm) and it replaced Mobile, and when I go to settings-->remove programs, Opera isn't even on the list. Any way I can find the stock Opera that came with the TP (CDMA/Sprint)? It feels like the most viable solution at the moment.

When the program is cooked into the ROM, whether it's a stock from Sprint or locally cooked, it will not be available as a program that you can uninstall. Only programs that you load yourself can be uninstalled individually. You won't be able to uninstall Opera Mobile. BUT! A hard-reset (after saving everything with PIM Backup, of course) will take care of what ails ya'. Good luck.

pdx77 03-03-2009 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ktk (Post 749973)

Opera Mini is a java application that can only be ran within a Java program. I find it hard to believe that it could replace Opera Mobile on your device.