PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

astrologer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a converter program to convert PC .exe program to be PocketPC compatible?

I got an HTC Touch Pro because I was told if it works on windows it will work on that phone. Well, they don't. I have two .exe programs I needed on the phone. Is there another phone that will take a PC .exe program? Or a way to convert my present programs to be compatible with PocketPC? I get a popup -- "NOT A VALID POCKETPC PROGRAM."
Old 03-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Is there a converter program to convert PC .exe program to be PocketPC compatible

lol you were lied to. What programs are you wanting? Maybe there is a ppc version.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Is there a converter program to convert PC .exe program to be PocketPC compatible

Yeah...while they both carry the Windows name, they are completely different OS's. There is nothing you can do to make your programs from your pc compatible with your ppc.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

astrologer is a n00b

I know I was lied to NOW -- after spending all that money for that phone!!! There's no other programs like my .exe programs I wanted the phone for. I had a developer make them for me specifically -- they're for gambling/Astrology -- graphs and charts to know the minute I can win and when I can't win. Nothing else out there close to mine. They work on Windows XP and with Internet Explorer or FireFox. I'm not happy about it.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

if you still know the developer, you can probably get them to compile it for a ppc, since I am willing to bet its all a bunch of math.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you are within your 30 days, you could always take it back
Old 03-03-2009, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2!

pjf357 is keeping up the good workpjf357 is keeping up the good work

use remote desktop to access your home pc from your touch pro.... Best of both worlds. If you need instructions on how to set it up I wrote a how-to in another thread. I will look for it and post a link.
You can then run the programs on your desktop through your touch pro. works great

Last edited by pjf357; 03-03-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2!

pjf357 is keeping up the good workpjf357 is keeping up the good work

Here you go :
Here is a step by step of at least what worked for me

1: goto www.portforward.com, select your router,skip the advertisment,Everything is alphabatized so Goto r's and select remote desktop. Now follow all instructions to forward port 3389(thanks for the link dagnasty!!)

2: IMPORTANT!! This caused me major headaches. After your router firewall is setup, MAKE SURE your software firewall is as well ie. windows firewall, norton etc. If you don't you will be doing this

3: go into start menu/ control panel/ system/ now select system(from classic view for vista and 7 users) Goto remote settings and enable the computer to recieve remote connections

4: Goto (http://whatsmyip.org/) (thanks Denasqu) Write down your IP

Update if you are trying to get vnc working just swap to vnc instead of remote desktop in post 1

5: Goto your comm manger on touch pro and make sure your phone data connection is enabled! Also caused me a massive headache lol

6: Goto remote desktop on your touch pro and run it. Goto options and select Hi Color 16bit or your screen will look funky

7: Now under the main screen where it says computer: enter your ip that you wrote down( not the local one ie 192.168.... the one you got from whatsmyip.org) under user name enter the name you use to log onto your user account on the computer you are trying to remote control. Enter Your password under password. I left domain blank.
Note: You have to have a password I believe.

8 Hit connect and Enjoy!!!!=D>
Old 03-03-2009, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
if you still know the developer, you can probably get them to compile it for a ppc, since I am willing to bet its all a bunch of math.
I have a similar problem as the original poster, I have an old win32 (computer) app that I really really want ported to winCE (PPC). Its a small emgine management software that was made around the turn of the century. The only way I have found to get the program to work is to have it complied for winCE as cornelious mentions, which is possible and maybe easy AFAIK as winCE recognizes most (but not all) functions of win32, you just need the code optimized for PPC and the program compiled for the PPC devices.

I'm not a programmer, but I have been doing little bits of research here and there trying to figure out how to get the program I want working on my Ipaq so take that as you will. I'm trying to get the source code for my program, but if I cant get it I might have to figure out how to decompile it and see if I can go from there.

If anybody knows a different easier way I would love to know about it.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:49 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

If you have the source code, I will rewrite for you if you pay my phone bill for a year. You should be able to make it up fairly quickly by placing a few good bets.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro