PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 03:44 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Any more ideas for battery hacks?

Just deal with it, ppc phones are known for bad battery life. Carry a spare battery or changer at all times. I carry both, in my backpack, and I charge every chance I get near a computer or a wall socket. Happy Phoning!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Metalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Just a note if your on alltel and decide to flash your radio, be warned that the stock alltel radio hasn't been dump yet, so if you ever want to flash back you're out of luck.

Last edited by Metalmayhem; 03-03-2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I flashed to the Telus radio, and I'm gonna test and see how that works out. Good Cat, where exactly is that page you mentioned? Do you have a link?
Old 03-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Question for you guys. Do you know if the slot cycle index tweak will improve battery life? Because I just did it, and my battery meter shot up from 30% to 65%. It stayed this way even after a soft reset, and the battery meters in my settings menu say the same thing. Is that supposed to happen?
Old 03-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor

Where are these battery tweaks everyone speaks of? I did the TP tweak .cab, not sure if they're included in there, but I want to make sure I'm getting the most out of my battery.

THANKS!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I just found my solution. If you flash to Juggalo's TP rom, you'll see a MAJOR increase in your battery life. I flashed his last night along with the Telus radio, and my phone only lost about %20 in four hours.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
Question for you guys. Do you know if the slot cycle index tweak will improve battery life? Because I just did it, and my battery meter shot up from 30% to 65%. It stayed this way even after a soft reset, and the battery meters in my settings menu say the same thing. Is that supposed to happen?

What did u change it to, to get these results?
Old 03-04-2009, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
You can make the slot cycle index improve battery life, you just increase the slot cycle index number, which is how often (like in seconds) you phone polls the tower to see if you have a call/message. Lowering the number will worsen your battery life, but it will poll more often.

One problem with these phones is that there is quite a long delay before the phone will actually start ringing. And also if someone calls, and the phone had JUST finished a poll, it will be another 1.99 seconds before it polls again. This leads to a lot of missed calls.

Here's a fun fact for you, whenever someone calls a sprint customer, there is a phantom first ring. Like they hear it on there end, but the Sprint customer does not. So at best, your phone will start ringing on the Second ring they hear. I use KKs rom, and my phone actually lights up before the second ring and rings on the second. (Other roms may work almost/equally as well) However, this is pretty fn impressive cause with the stock sprint rom, you're lucky if you hear your phone ring by the third or fourth ring.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Please don't set your SCI to 0 or 1. That is reserved for First Responders, so they can get out quickly in an emergency. Your battery life is not THAT important.

If your SCI is already set that way, fine, but don't change it.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: NRGZ28 9/18 & Blazin 9/26
Carrier: Sprint-Touch Pro 2

jowalamar is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to jowalamar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
Just deal with it, ppc phones are known for bad battery life. Carry a spare battery or changer at all times. I carry both, in my backpack, and I charge every chance I get near a computer or a wall socket. Happy Phoning!
Exactly, good point. I have a car charger too....just carry a charger or get a car charger. Works just fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro