PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

hzha is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I delete or rename a file under Windows foler?

I would like to remove a notification alarm sound file under Windows folder, however the File Explorer dosn't has delete or rename function for this folder. Is there any way I can delete the file from Windows folder?

I also tried to use Resco Explorer, the alarm file is not even displayed there.

Appreciate for any advice.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Can I delete or rename a file under Windows foler?

Not familiar w/ the TP, but you might also try looking in the \My Documents folder. Sound files occasionally end up there. You might try using Total Commander to locate your files

Old 03-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

In Resco you have to go to options and allow it to view system files. If you only want to delete or rename a ringtone or alert sound, it shouldn't hurt anything. I would be careful with much else in that folder though...
Old 03-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hzha is a n00b

Resco doesn't has an option for me to view system files. Any other tool I can use to delete the notification file under Windows folder?

My trouble is that I got a rooster sound notification sometimes and I don't know what to triger this notification. My last choice is to delete the sound file Alarm_Rooster from Windows/Ring folder. However the rooster alarm still sounds even after I deleted the file from Windows/Ring folder. What I found is that there is another Alarm_Rooster file under Windows folder, which I can't delete or rename using File Explorer. But I really want to get rid of this annoying rooster notification. Any suggestion?
Old 03-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380
Carrier: Sprint

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

Total Commander can do that!http://ghisler.fileburst.com/ce252beta1/cabs.htm
Old 03-02-2009, 01:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hzha View Post
Resco doesn't has an option for me to view system files. Any other tool I can use to delete the notification file under Windows folder?

My trouble is that I got a rooster sound notification sometimes and I don't know what to triger this notification. My last choice is to delete the sound file Alarm_Rooster from Windows/Ring folder. However the rooster alarm still sounds even after I deleted the file from Windows/Ring folder. What I found is that there is another Alarm_Rooster file under Windows folder, which I can't delete or rename using File Explorer. But I really want to get rid of this annoying rooster notification. Any suggestion?
Sorry man ... but the image of your dilemna ... couldn't help myself, actually laughed out loud. Mutiny's right ... use TC.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hzha is a n00b

ok, I am gonna to try TC. I saw versions TC, which one is for TP?
arm
mips
sh3
x86
Old 03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hzha is a n00b

It dosen't look like TC can delete the file. Got message "Couldn't delete 1 file(s)!".

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro