PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy
What is GPS photo?

Can someone tell me what/benefit of GPS PHOTO when taking picture? I don't know what it is suppose to do when taking picture in that mode. I'm running Dream 1.2 Full ROM , based on the Diamond Leaked ROM.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: What is GPS photo?

I've never taken a successful GPS photo for some reason, maybe cause i always tried at work when i had nothing to do, and GPS dosent penetrate the building. I've gotten awesome results with HTC Footprints from the Iolite ROM
Old 03-01-2009, 02:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO
Threadstarter

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
I've never taken a successful GPS photo for some reason, maybe cause i always tried at work when i had nothing to do, and GPS dosent penetrate the building. I've gotten awesome results with HTC Footprints from the Iolite ROM

this GPS PHOTO mode is not related to footprints from Iolite. If you switch through the menu in camera mode , you'll be able to see GPS PHOTO mode. I'm not sure what this feature does.

p.s. I know that footprint from the iolite does the longitude/latitude and able to record sound.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:45 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

the gps photo takes a picture with GPS location file mapped into the photo, so that way you can upload that photo to a internet community site, and it can map where that photo was takken, just like on googlemaps with there street view photos, those photo are satelite based gps photos.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

ive never gotten a successful gps tag on my photos ive taken, even with full signal.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

twolane is just getting started

I've taken a few GPS pics, and supposedly had full GPS lock, but I've never done anything with the photos because I just really don't know what to do with them
Old 03-01-2009, 06:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

same here, taken full signal photo before, never found a use to test if it had embedded GPS code
Old 03-01-2009, 08:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

black_co is just getting started

If I remember correctly Flickr handles GPS tagging.

After a quick google search on Flickr and tagging I came up with this link for an explanation.

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/200...o_gps_tag.html
Old 03-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gullwingdmc is a n00b

I use it all the time, its a little picky, but it does work. I enabled the feature on the stock sprint ROM with a registry edit. The weird part is, if I take a pic with GPS photo and manually upload it to a site like picasa the GPS data doesnt show up. But if I use Shozu to upload the pic after I take it the GPS data shows up. So it does work, but with some exceptions.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4G

chazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on repchazybaz13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via ICQ to chazybaz13 Send a message via MSN to chazybaz13 Send a message via Yahoo to chazybaz13

Yeah, the pics i've taken have no gps tags, it just says 0 0 0 0

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro