PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Lurker

ravipatel21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A little help with GPS

Definately a noob to the sprint touch pro (just got it today)...

alot of good info on the forums on cleaning it up and speeding up the phone and increasing battery life...appreciate it all...nothing like getting rid of sprints bloatware...

I had TOM TOM 6 on my sprint mogul and was fairly comfortable using the mogul and all of it features including custom roms. I finally got the touch pro but went to install TOM TOM 6 on it and it will not pick up any satelittes. Is there something different about the touch pro that doesn't allow it to pick up the satelitte signal for gps and if so can someone tell me what to do to fix it...hopefully easily...

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: A little help with GPS

this should point you in the right direction http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=tomtom
Old 03-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ravipatel21 is a n00b

checked out the link from mr8820 but looks like its hit or miss from what i've been reading online...i'm definitely doing something wrong
Old 03-03-2009, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: telus

denti is just getting started

i found the built in gps receiver isnt' all that strong. i find that when i'm inside, it'll get the signal strength to get a lock on my location.
make sure you're external gps setting is com 4, hardware none and baud is 4800 and check managed gps automatically.
i also use gpstest to see if i'm having problems with tomtom or my gps. can be downloaded here http://www.smartphonefreeware.org/do.../gps-test-1.04

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro