PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TomTom users (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59513)

charrison83 02-28-2009 03:02 PM

TomTom users

I am looking to put tomtom on my sprint htc touch pro. I want to make sure that I am doing things right. I downloaded TomTom HOME and it recognizes my phone. Now do I need to just purchase the maps for my area? When I get to the page to put in my device to I put in Navigator 7? Navigator 6? What do I do? Thanks

thvoicwethin 02-28-2009 03:06 PM

Re: TomTom users

you would need to buy the software directly from tomtom from their website i believe. I don't know how HOME works as i use it for my standalone ONE XL device. I bought the navigator directly from their website and mine work's fine. I am using a Mogul though, not a TP

boredmug 02-28-2009 03:10 PM

Why not just use the Sprint Navigation? It's free and it doesn't take up so much space on your sd card. I really don't get spending the money on Tom Tom.

charrison83 02-28-2009 03:13 PM

How do you get sprint navigation for free? Doesn't have to be a part of your plan? My plan is through my work and when I install sprint navigation it tells me that I have to subscribe to use it

mmccoyguy 02-28-2009 11:24 PM

I have TOM TOM Nav 6 and it works great. I purchased via website and installed quickly and easily from cd supplied. you get product code and activation codes with it. good phone support from TOM TOM as well. I recommend direct purchase from TOM TOM. I like it as you can navigate easier to unknown places via TOM TOM over google maps or sprint navigation. You can also nav via contacts. I travel extensively and before leaving I put in addresses into tom tom on phone and when i get to city, i just pull them up and go. works great.

ravipatel21 03-01-2009 12:17 AM

i cannot get tom tom 6 to work on the sprint touch pro...it will not find any of the satellite signals...has anyone been able to figure out how to get it to work?

thanks in advance.

SporkLover 03-01-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredmug (Post 744654)
Why not just use the Sprint Navigation? It's free and it doesn't take up so much space on your sd card. I really don't get spending the money on Tom Tom.

Sprint Nav is great as long as you are under their coverage umbrella.

I prefer GarminXT 5. It includes Google search.

boredmug 03-01-2009 11:37 AM

Sprint Nav is free to me under the Unlimited data plan.

kmartburrito 03-01-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravipatel21 (Post 745486)
i cannot get tom tom 6 to work on the sprint touch pro...it will not find any of the satellite signals...has anyone been able to figure out how to get it to work?

thanks in advance.

I've got tomtom 6 working perfectly on my sprint tp...what exactly couldn't you get to work? I'd be happy to help you.

Have you tried quickgps to download the latest satellite locations?

I also use the astrogps launcher to launch tomtom, have used since i had my mogul. It properly opens and closes the gps radio...i normally get full sat lock within 10 seconds

SporkLover 03-01-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmartburrito (Post 746469)
I've got tomtom 6 working perfectly on my sprint tp...what exactly couldn't you get to work? I'd be happy to help you.

Have you tried quickgps to download the latest satellite locations?

I also use the astrogps launcher to launch tomtom, have used since i had my mogul. It properly opens and closes the gps radio...i normally get full sat lock within 10 seconds

You shouldn't need a GPS Toggle with the Touch Pro. I can get a gPS lock that fast without Baffles or Astro