PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Lurker

fdtech is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Issue: Data arrows constantly on

Hey all,

So im having a bit of an issue with my Touch Pro. It seems after awhile my data connection seems like its constantly transferring. I'll go into Opera and it will give me an error message saying to check the connection. A soft reset clears up the prob but obviously I dont want to have to do that a few times a day.

I dont have much installed on it at all. Anyone else running into this issue at all?
Old 11-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Re: Issue: Data arrows constantly on

I don't run into the opera issue but my data connection was on all time time when I had weather panel on auto-update. That option was disabled and helped the situation but I found it on again today.

I use comm manager to disable it everytime I find it running.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Same problem as the OP. I even made a post about it.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work

try updating your profile from the programs list then soft reset. Also did you install a custom phone skin because that can break the data arrows somtimes? If you tried the first thing and it doesn't work then go into connection settings and delete the connection to sprint and remake it.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fdtech is a n00b

One thing im also trying to see if it helps is in section 6.1 of DiamondTweak im setting the Disconnect After time to minute. Currently monitoring it to see if it helps....so far so good.

The only skin-like thing im runnn is Spb Shell....does that count?
Old 11-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Are the arrows active or are they greyed? Because they do NOT use any battery if it is greyed out [inactive]. It actually takes MORE battery to disconnect and connect every time. However, if they are moving and active, there is probably a program constantly connecting to a server.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Verizon

therealm80 is keeping up the good worktherealm80 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to therealm80

I am having the same issue. Is there a way to see what program is using the data connection?
Thanks
Old 02-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Changing the dialer skin can cause this problem - programs like PocketShield with the skinned dialer will cause the data arrows to stay bright even when there's no traffic.

AdvancedConfig has an option to change the dialer skin back to normal and fixes the connection arrows.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdtech View Post
One thing im also trying to see if it helps is in section 6.1 of DiamondTweak im setting the Disconnect After time to minute. Currently monitoring it to see if it helps....so far so good.

The only skin-like thing im runnn is Spb Shell....does that count?
Be careful with this because using this tweak then makes the delay phone answer situation (with tf3d dialer). Then you have to use the reg edit #777 or shaggy's cab found in the Delay Answer Fix discussion on Diamond forum.

So if you're having trouble answering your phone when you have the data arrows this is why.... if not then no worries..
Old 02-12-2009, 09:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

infamous styles is a n00b

i had this problem recently. found out it was palringo running in the background.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro