PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro CDMa rom update (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59468)

tradegames45.com 02-28-2009 12:24 AM

Touch Pro CDMa rom update

Does anybody know when the next rom update for the sprint touch pro releases? I went on the htc website and only seen a rom update for the gsm phones.

Thanks

kyle4269 02-28-2009 12:26 AM

Re: Touch Pro CDMa rom update

I havent seen any info on when they will release an update for CDMA..

bradparker1892 02-28-2009 12:31 AM

the reason they haven't released a CDMA update is because CDMA is so much better than GSM! of course the GSM versions will need an update b4 our wonderful CDMA Touch Pro's!

gator352 02-28-2009 08:08 AM

+1....our sprint TP's (all cdma's) are much better than gsm.

AboveTheBULL 02-28-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradparker1892 (Post 743900)
the reason they haven't released a CDMA update is because CDMA is so much better than GSM! of course the GSM versions will need an update b4 our wonderful CDMA Touch Pro's!

:shock:... :lol:... :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

cmdauria 02-28-2009 08:20 AM

Forget all the sprint garbage and put on a custom rom...Way better!!!!!!

DaPeeps 02-28-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdauria (Post 744200)
Forget all the sprint garbage and put on a custom rom...Way better!!!!!!

+1 for custom Roms.

rebelmuddlite 02-28-2009 09:39 AM

if there were more gsm frequencies and more gsm towers in the u.s. and all over the world really where theres hardly no coverage, don't you believe that gsm would have cdma beat? and this is comin from a cdma fan and alltel touch pro user, i just believe that gsm has better download speeds and call quality when you can find the service, but theres the catch, like theres always a catch, you have to stand on top of your brothers shoulders on the roof with a cellular antenna extender plugged in and attached to a 5 ft pole just to get a signal in areas that aren't major metropolitan areas or big *** cities in other words, i mean even in atlanta, on minute you've got service and the next second you dont or a call drops on at&t or tmobile. i mean just damn make a cdma/gsm phone in one and make it where nam1 is for cdma and nam2 is for gsm with a sim card port and all the sweet jive in it.. lame *** phone designers, limiting what the customers can do bc they know they can do it but they dont want to

madcowmilau 02-28-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelmuddlite (Post 744236)
if there were more gsm frequencies and more gsm towers in the u.s. and all over the world really where theres hardly no coverage, don't you believe that gsm would have cdma beat? and this is comin from a cdma fan and alltel touch pro user, i just believe that gsm has better download speeds and call quality when you can find the service, but theres the catch, like theres always a catch, you have to stand on top of your brothers shoulders on the roof with a cellular antenna extender plugged in and attached to a 5 ft pole just to get a signal in areas that aren't major metropolitan areas or big *** cities in other words, i mean even in atlanta, on minute you've got service and the next second you dont or a call drops on at&t or tmobile. i mean just damn make a cdma/gsm phone in one and make it where nam1 is for cdma and nam2 is for gsm with a sim card port and all the sweet jive in it.. lame *** phone designers, limiting what the customers can do bc they know they can do it but they dont want to

my gf's att iphone or tilt cant compete with the download speeds of my sprint tp or mogul or my old 6700
long island (plenty of towers for both)

jsntrenkler 02-28-2009 12:37 PM

CDMA has Superior voice quality IMO ...