PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro CDMa rom update

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowmilau View Post
my gf's att iphone or tilt cant compete with the download speeds of my sprint tp or mogul or my old 6700
long island (plenty of towers for both)
I've seen ATT's 3G network and T-Mobile's speeds rank higher then Sprint's EVDO rev a, it has nothing to do with if there's plenty of towers or not.

I do find it odd that the forum staff here wants to include GSM folks in here yet here's a prime example of how anti GSM this site really is.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Gomer03 is a n00b

hmm....makes you wonder whats cooking.

Last edited by Gomer03; 02-28-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

^^ haha nice edit there
Old 03-08-2009, 03:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: DROID BIONIC / DROID RAZR
Carrier: VZW

Young DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
I've seen ATT's 3G network and T-Mobile's speeds rank higher then Sprint's EVDO rev a, it has nothing to do with if there's plenty of towers or not.

I do find it odd that the forum staff here wants to include GSM folks in here yet here's a prime example of how anti GSM this site really is.
Somebody has done fell and bumped there damn head to think AT&T Speeds are as fast as sprint...................
my wife has at&t with a iphone and i have sprint TP and everyday i test to see if her phone will out do the tp and the answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 03-08-2009, 06:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Well, it's not slower.
From my site:
http://www.mobilespeedtest.com/bandw...er/average.php

I just looked through my database, and for T-mobile, I see the very slow users and the very fast users. Sprint and VZ are pretty consistently fast, but the very fast T-mo users are faster than the fast Sprint/VZ users

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 03-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have the sprint TP and my dad has the AT&T diamond. In our area (in and around Orlando area with full bars) He gets terrible reception every other call. He can call me and it will be perfect, then he can call me again and it will cut in and out. He says that's consistant with about eveyone he calls. I would suggest it might be his phone, but his wifes AT&T phone (it's an LG) does the same thing. PLUS...he pays almost as much as I do for his monthly plan. I have 3 phones with unlimited data/roaming/text and 1500 shared minutes. He has 2 phones, no data/roaming/text, and 500 minutes shared. I think sprint has the better deal.

Just for the record....I'm not anti GSM....I'm anti AT&T!
Old 03-08-2009, 08:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Just for the record....I'm not anti GSM....I'm anti AT&T!

So am I.....

Last edited by viwizard; 03-08-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

I don't like AT&T/Cingular either. When I moved here, it's like they went out of their way to lose my business...
Old 03-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
+1 for custom Roms.
I will agree with that!!! But then since coming here I have become a flashing junkie. I am trying to practice with ppc kitchen and GC's kitchen to make my own rom's. Hopefully I can make one good enough to upload here.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSTOKLEY View Post
Somebody has done fell and bumped there damn head to think AT&T Speeds are as fast as sprint...................
my wife has at&t with a iphone and i have sprint TP and everyday i test to see if her phone will out do the tp and the answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
If you are testing this EVERY DAY, you might need a life! hehe

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro