PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, epic touch 4g & evo 3d
Carrier: Sprint

nathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuffnathan7 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Window Xp on Touch Pro ??

Has there been any one ever try to run Windows xp on Touch Pro ? I know previously on Mogul they had try to run windows succefully. Reson would be nice small hand held computer.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Window Xp on Touch Pro ??

Instead of trying to run XP on it, how about Remote Desktop, you get the host's power and it's still, well, cool.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 / Mogul / Titan

ktopel is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to ktopel Send a message via Yahoo to ktopel

Why would you want to ruin a good phone like that? lol jk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktopel View Post
Why would you want to ruin a good phone like that? lol jk
I think that would happen if you put Vista on it...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Palm Pre

orlandosilva is keeping up the good workorlandosilva is keeping up the good workorlandosilva is keeping up the good work

Remote desktop is cool but not everyone can do remote desktop. I used lomein to remot with my friends vista and it was ok. But I dont have my own cumpter connected. but if you are interested.. you can google "logmein" remote desktop you have to sign up for it and its free. but as to xp on the phone itself... i never heard of it

press thanks if I helped
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan7 View Post
Has there been any one ever try to run Windows xp on Touch Pro ? I know previously on Mogul they had try to run windows succefully. Reson would be nice small hand held computer.

Thats about the worst idea i've heard... I don't mean to knock...

putting on a Full Blown XP would just be horrific. I'm sure some genius can figure out how to put on XP Embedded, but i honestly don't see why you'd want to run XP on a Phone...

After all, its a PHONE and NOT a UMPC. the battery will die in 2 minutes if you ran XP... lol not to metion...

When was the last time u ran something on a VGA 640x480 resolution monitor running xp...XP was made to run at XGA or higher... it'll do 800x600 in safe mode and 640x480 in 4bit when yer video card is screwed... I think u should settle for a Sony Vaio P instead.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Palm Pre

orlandosilva is keeping up the good workorlandosilva is keeping up the good workorlandosilva is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jucytec View Post
Thats about the worst idea i've heard... I don't mean to knock...

putting on a Full Blown XP would just be horrific. I'm sure some genius can figure out how to put on XP Embedded, but i honestly don't see why you'd want to run XP on a Phone...

After all, its a PHONE and NOT a UMPC. the battery will die in 2 minutes if you ran XP... lol not to metion...

When was the last time u ran something on a VGA 640x480 resolution monitor running xp...XP was made to run at XGA or higher... it'll do 800x600 in safe mode and 640x480 in 4bit when yer video card is screwed... I think u should settle for a Sony Vaio P instead.
LOL!!!!

I loved the battery part.. funny stuff, yet so true
Old 02-27-2009, 09:08 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan7 View Post
Nope. Windows doesn't run on ARM CPUs, only on x86 cpus.

You can run linux on them, with the Android front end, but that's still a work in progress.

Or, you can run windows CE, er, Windows Mobile.

What exactly did you want to do that you can't do with winmo?

Anyway, if you want a small nice handheld computer you'd be better off with one of those mini-notebooks that are sub-$300.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Vogue

speedy1979 is becoming a great contributor

I recommend the Msi Wind u120 I have the older version the u100. Whatever you don't buy the Dell Mini yes it's cheaper but you can't add more RAM.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael

allanak is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to allanak Send a message via AIM to allanak Send a message via MSN to allanak Send a message via Yahoo to allanak

Buy a netbook for less than the price of the phone. </thread>

SERO 1250 + unlimited text, TEP and free Airave <$55/mo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro