PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul --> TP --> TP2 --> Transform --> Epic
Carrier: Sprint

tkjames is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Used Up Pro Memory???

After a couple of installations today I noticed my storage memory is down to 63.75mb out of 327.65mb!! I thought it was a 3D motorcylce game I'd downloaded, which I promptly uninstalled. When that didn't decrease the memory, I uninstalled everything I had installed in the past hour (wasn't much...a few basic games like minesweeper). I even uninstalled unused programs, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea what could make my memory deplete to such a low level?? I installed a memory program, DirMap, to try and find any large files, but I can't locate any.

Here is a list of programs I have installed in case anyone is familiar with one of them stealing memory:
(the ones with stars were in place BEFORE the memory issues...NO stars means it's a fairly recent addition)

AE Button Plus
*Badboy 8813 Audio fix full volume
*MyPim
Stop SMS Sent
*David Andrs Batti
*Google Maps
*Google Search
*GS Player
DirMap
*WMWifiRouter
Diamond Background Changer
*amAzeGPS
*BTMusic
*.Net CF 3.5
*Internet Sharing
*Live Search
*TodayAgenda
Background4AllPages
*Nav4All
Sprint2FlipClock
*PocketUNO
PocketCM Image Viewer
GlassClock
SomeGuy sMMS (had this on the Mogul with no issues)
*SpoonAlarm
*iContact
*BTaudio
*KeySwop
*Pipes (game)
Youtube Play (recently re-installed an updated version)

I've already had to hard reset once, and I finally have this Pro set up to where I'm very entertained by it, so I REALLY don't want to have to start all that work over again.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Used Up Pro Memory???

Download the trial version of memmaid: http://www.dinarsoft.com/memmaid/

Install it, then when you run the program, select the 2nd to last tab. From the drop down at the top left, select 'Storage Usage' if it isn't already selected.

This may take a while..

It will then show you what folders are using up the most space. I recommend removing your SD card before doing this so it doesn't search it.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Okay, did that. The big chunk of memory is coming from the Windows folder, which I gathered, but it seems to be the sum of a few thousand small files (4387 according to MemMaid) at 216mb. Most seem to be related to the Windows operations, as they are dated September 08 and before (any installations I've done are November) so I'm afraid to delete anything....

Old 11-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkjames View Post
Okay, did that. The big chunk of memory is coming from the Windows folder, which I gathered, but it seems to be the sum of a few thousand small files (4387 according to MemMaid) at 216mb. Most seem to be related to the Windows operations, as they are dated September 08 and before (any installations I've done are November) so I'm afraid to delete anything....

Forgot to add... Disregard the \Windows folder! It is always the largest and generally unrelated to the excessively used storage space.

What was next on the list?
Old 11-16-2008, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The next largest folder is only 45.86 mb...the Windows folder is showing 326.25mb in all!
Old 11-16-2008, 12:41 AM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkjames View Post
The next largest folder is only 45.86 mb...the Windows folder is showing 326.25mb in all!
That is a bit big... I just checked mine, and its showing 190MB. I have about 30 programs/games installed.

[Sorry, this is redundant]

Try checking what folders within \Windows are taking up the most space.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The folders in Windows don't have anything large in them; it seems like it's the sum of all the loose files. Sigh....might just have to do a "clear storage" and re-build, grrrrr!

Thanks for helping though.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:46 AM
Retired Moderator

Wait... did you make a custom ROM? How many apps did you build into it? It could just be that you integrated a lot of apps into your ROM.

If not, good luck with your next flash!
Old 11-16-2008, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Naw...not advanced enough for all that. I just install programs; I'm simple and am basically pleased with what Sprint offers.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

dajeepman is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dajeepman

I have 227Meg of Storage Free and 139.89MB of Program Free

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro